• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Magazine capacity monitor

A for effort. However, even if this was a finished product it's fundamentally flawed since he doesn't include the round in the chamber in the count.

I could see this on c-mags or something but not box mags. It's an interesting idea and the guy gave it maximum effort

If you can read this so can the CIA

Guy did a ton of work on that! I like to see people making things no matter how out there they seem to be. Good work keep,it up!

Kind of interesting. But all I see is another tool for the government to oppress us with in the not too distant future. Like the whole "smart gun" thing.

I agree that it is an impressive bit of work, but I also agree with the first comment he makes in the video, that it's tough to imagine an actual use for it. Wouldn't a simple device that counts down from 30 every time it hears a bang, and then resets when you hit the mag release, do the same job? How many of those modified mags would you want to carry?

But I do like it when people come up with ideas and actually make them work.

if it ever gets refined and becomes smaller, i can see it paired with an optic that shows the mag count in the display of that optic. in real world applications, not practical to be looking at a wrist watch device.

Back
Top Bottom