MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

View attachment 352928

Connecticut's hospital utilization for this, and that's on the basis of EXISTING beds, not counting any of those emergency places they set up and never used. 20%? Yep, high as something nasty would be, but not in any sort of danger of causing the system to collapse, even with the garden-variety assortment of injuries and illnesses, and ESPECIALLY when considering they DID set up those emergency spill-over facilities.

There's no tinfoil - at first, given the facts as we knew them early on - the situation in places like Italy - it looked bad. That was then. Facilities were put in place here. They were mostly not needed - and that hospital ship has left Ground Zero. (I could have told them why this would be so. I've said so over and over and OVER again here. Nobody listens to the SpaceCritter.)

The whole State of Emergency was predicated on not overwhelming the healthcare system. That is no longer a danger, and with the exception of New York City, really never was.
Normally, hospitals like to push their bed occupancy rate up near 80% - efficient, more profit, although in recent years it's trended downward in the US to around 70%. So even with your numbers, that shows hospitals bursting at the seams if elective procedures weren't canceled. And that graph understates the fact that Covid patients disproportionally require ICU beds, which aren't as plentiful.

Normally, hospitals like to push their bed occupancy rate up near 80% - efficient, more profit, although in recent years it's trended downward in the US to around 70%. So even with your numbers, that shows hospitals bursting at the seams if elective procedures weren't canceled. And that graph understates the fact that Covid patients disproportionally require ICU beds, which aren't as plentiful.
Yes, but they've also been building out a bunch of new capacity in addition to the 8847 regular staffed beds that's the basis, including enhancing ICU capacity.

Whose making money here?

Cui bono?

It isn't always about the money. Do you think Fake-choochi is going on TV talking about 250K-1M US deaths because he's got some sort of financial stake in it?? Or does he get some sort of rush believing that all of America hangs on his every word????

Sometimes people are just caught up in their own ego. Baker wants to make it look worse so he can keep control. Period. What's fascinating is that there is no accounting for the lower traffic deaths regarding this virus. Less cars = less deaths. So, in effect, there aren't NEARLY as many deaths as he claims even if he uses non-C19 (I refuse to say COVID. C19 or COVfefe) deaths to pad his death rate.

They need to add numbers somehow to justify destroying the country and wiping their butts with the constitution.

Also, need higher numbers so the curve doesnt "flatten" too fast. We meed people locked in to stop Presidential debates, make voting remote, and ensure Trump is out of office.
This right here. The Cerveza bug is the crisis the Dems needed. Expect this shit to last till at least November.

This right here. The Cerveza bug is the crisis the Dems needed. Expect this shit to last till at least November.
it's manna from heaven for them since their Russian collusion/Impeachment fiasco's have failed. On a brighter note the LTG. Flynn investigation is starting to see the light of day and it ain't gonna be good for the Obama sycophant's and the FBI/DOJ. They will need mucho distractions to keep the MSM from reporting extensively on it.

Cui bono?

It isn't always about the money. Do you think Fake-choochi is going on TV talking about 250K-1M US deaths because he's got some sort of financial stake in it?? Or does he get some sort of rush believing that all of America hangs on his every word????

Sometimes people are just caught up in their own ego. Baker wants to make it look worse so he can keep control. Period. What's fascinating is that there is no accounting for the lower traffic deaths regarding this virus. Less cars = less deaths. So, in effect, there aren't NEARLY as many deaths as he claims even if he uses non-C19 (I refuse to say COVID. C19 or COVfefe) deaths to pad his death rate.
They need to pad it. 3400 deaths in ma. 3100 or so of them over 70 years old. Working age people, probably less than 150 deaths. And even that is being goosed because every death is being called Fxck -Vid related now.

How long have they been working on an HIV vaccine? Yeah...
Yup, and we still don't have one for the common cold (also a coronavirus). Not hugely deadly, but universal, and costs the economy tremendously.

Then again, I'm still puzzled by the fact we have rabies vaccines for critters, but not people. EXTREMELY deadly, rabies, and NASTY. And a lot of humans have to deal with rabid critters, so they're exposed. Still no vaccine. Opposite of the common cold: rare, but you're done if you get it.

How long have they been working on an HIV vaccine? Yeah...

Out of millions and millions of cases no one is know to have developed an immune response to HIV (keep in mind how the virus works). That makes developing a vaccine very difficult.

For COVID, many people appear able to have an immune response that can clear the virus. Totally different situation. Again the COv-1, MERS vaccine data is out there

Yup, and we still don't have one for the common cold (also a coronavirus). Not hugely deadly, but universal, and costs the economy tremendously.

Then again, I'm still puzzled by the fact we have rabies vaccines for critters, but not people. EXTREMELY deadly, rabies, and NASTY. And a lot of humans have to deal with rabid critters, so they're exposed. Still no vaccine. Opposite of the common cold: rare, but you're done if you get it.

pretty sure there is a human rabies vaccine

This is a problem too. Art Laffer says the way to go is to suspend employment taxes for both sides of equation in the near term, expiring in December for example. Supposedly Trump is interested. Employers and employees would each save 7.6% on those wages while encouraging employment activity.

Also, interesting discussion of inflation in the video.

View: https://youtu.be/Js45RgNK29g

might sound good but do people realize what those taxes go towards? Social Security and disability payments. So a system that's already due to run out of funding will be shorted even more. Now don't get me wrong, I think we should end SSDI completely. There are those on the system already who can't be cut off and those near the age of retirement who can't be cut off. But everyone under 50 will never see a dime of SS. Actually, probably closer to 55. That means my husband and I won't see any of it.

In my lifetime the vaccines for polio and smallpox were usually given once in a lifetime. Tetanus was given once but after 10 years a booster now and if you step on or cut yourself on something rusty you can get another shot. The flu is done yearly so it's really more of a shot than a vaccine. Also according to the CDC it's only about 40 to 60% effective unlike the polio and smallpox vaccines that are much more effective. A so called vaccine for covid will be more like the flu shot and not like the polio, smallpox vaccines.

Out of millions and millions of cases no one is know to have developed an immune response to HIV (keep in mind how the virus works). That makes developing a vaccine very difficult.

For COVID, many people appear able to have an immune response that can clear the virus. Totally different situation. Again the COv-1, MERS vaccine data is out there

Of the people I've been talking to about this, no one wants to be first in line for a vaccine that's been rushed to production. For something like this that has several strains and mutates? No way to get a solid formula. As said it will be a crap shoot like the flu vaccine.

Here's a question, I've noticed on the places that have been lifting the restrictions and allowing some jobs to open....how does it work if only ten people at a time can be present in the office and you work for an accounting firm, retail store, federal or state office, etc? Just the essential personnel can be present?
Good points, and we can lump restaurants into that group as well. These establishments survive off of volume, they need to be able to fit as many people as possible in their establishment, so how does that work when their is only a finite number of people allowed in at any given time?

They sell it in larger containers than 12oz. ;)

I was a 10L/wk Diet Coke drinker 15 years ago. I'd go from Diet Coke to Fresca and back as the chemical tastes would get to me. Then one day I just stopped. Stopped. Made some unsweetened iced tea with lemon instead. Never went back. I only have it at restaurants. So I know the "need" for it. LOL

They sell them in handy high-octane containers. You drink less AND no deposit. Win-win. ;)
I was into pepsi at 2 liters a day sometimes 3. I quit cold Jan 24th been on plain water and making fruit vegetable smoothies for breakfast. Dropped a ton of weight, growing muscle and feel so much better.

Of the people I've been talking to about this, no one wants to be first in line for a vaccine that's been rushed to production. For something like this that has several strains and mutates? No way to get a solid formula. As said it will be a crap shoot like the flu vaccine.
Wait isn't this how I am legend started 😳

There is a human rabies vaccine. Vets and zookeepers have it regularly. It expires in humans after so long. No one has come up with a lifetime version, which is too bad because it is one of the worst possible ways to die.

Yah..Would agree...if I gotta go this ain't the way....

1588362105245.png

might sound good but do people realize what those taxes go towards? Social Security and disability payments. So a system that's already due to run out of funding will be shorted even more. Now don't get me wrong, I think we should end SSDI completely. There are those on the system already who can't be cut off and those near the age of retirement who can't be cut off. But everyone under 50 will never see a dime of SS. Actually, probably closer to 55. That means my husband and I won't see any of it.

Whoa....I am ready to hit your "probably closer to..."

1588362314948.png

Cui bono?

he absolutely does. Attention whoring translates to money as long as attention is given. There were probably other more sensible prognosis, but that won't make the news. It's a thin line between being doom/gloom attention whore and being Alex Jones, but it pays, a lot. Shit, mom's without action are making mint just by fearmongering and dancing on little coffins, this dude can convert fame into tangible coin by getting invited to shows, speaking fees whatever. Fame translates to money real well and professional attention whores know it too well.

Again, it’s not like influenza and they have a target which is pretty stable. An effective vaccine should be possible.

In terms of actually receiving it, I certainly don’t want my kids taking something that isn’t fully tested, but for high risk people in nursing homes the risk/benefit is very different.

In my lifetime the vaccines for polio and smallpox were usually given once in a lifetime. Tetanus was given once but after 10 years a booster now and if you step on or cut yourself on something rusty you can get another shot. The flu is done yearly so it's really more of a shot than a vaccine. Also according to the CDC it's only about 40 to 60% effective unlike the polio and smallpox vaccines that are much more effective. A so called vaccine for covid will be more like the flu shot and not like the polio, smallpox vaccines.

The reason the seasonal flu shot is only 40-60% effective is that it's targeted at a group of viruses that are expected to be problematic, but that call has to be made well ahead of the flu season. Polio and smallpox vaccines are targeted at a single virus, which is why they're so much more effective.

If the COVID-19 virus has not mutated in some material way, a vaccine would be highly effective. What I don't think anyone really knows yet is whether it is mutating in ways that could make a vaccine more like seasonal flu vaccines or more like the polio vaccine. It's an incredibly evil and clever bug (considering that it isn't even really "alive" in any common sense).

Back
Top Bottom