MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

My dad has cancer surgery next Wednesday. Getting his C19 test tomorrow to ensure he doesn’t have it before they cut. He’s already been delayed from earlier this month.

Non-C19 doctors want to get back to work.

It’s one of the Boston hospitals.

My Dad needs heart surgery at Mass General and they cancelled it in March with no word of when he can get in there. I'll keep your Dad in my prayers; I can appreciate how frustrating it must be for your family right now.

My Dad needs heart surgery at Mass General and they cancelled it in March with no word of when he can get in there. I'll keep your Dad in my prayers; I can appreciate how frustrating it must be for your family right now.
HEART SURGERY, ladies and gents, not a boob job. These are the "elective surgeries" they're dismissing.

T&P for your father, and everyone else in similar circumstances.

HEART SURGERY, ladies and gents, not a boob job. These are the "elective surgeries" they're dismissing.

They’re elective because they’ve determined there’s a greater chance of someone dying from a hospital acquired infection right now than from the issue they’re trying to correct by surgery. “Elective” doesn’t mean you it’s for fun, it means it isn’t an emergency.

They’re elective because they’ve determined there’s a greater chance of someone dying from a hospital acquired infection right now than from the issue they’re trying to correct by surgery. “Elective” doesn’t mean you it’s for fun, it means it isn’t an emergency.
...except the "emergency" either has passed, or, in most places, never existed in the first place.

HAIs are not a factor in elective vs. urgent/emergent classification of surgeries. The label exists independent of communicable disease outbreaks. The heart surgery at hand is "elective" because it's scheduled in advance at a time of the surgeon and patient's choosing, and the patient is not at risk of immediate loss of life or body parts without surgical intervention right now. Urgent/emergent surgeries are things like appendectomy, trauma repair, strangulated hernia, etc. I think the delays of elective surgeries are a disaster brewing, and we'll look back at this as shameful.

Here we are again folks, grab your tinfoil and popcorn and settle in...
CTWuhonPct20200429.jpg

Connecticut's hospital utilization for this, and that's on the basis of EXISTING beds, not counting any of those emergency places they set up and never used. 20%? Yep, high as something nasty would be, but not in any sort of danger of causing the system to collapse, even with the garden-variety assortment of injuries and illnesses, and ESPECIALLY when considering they DID set up those emergency spill-over facilities.

There's no tinfoil - at first, given the facts as we knew them early on - the situation in places like Italy - it looked bad. That was then. Facilities were put in place here. They were mostly not needed - and that hospital ship has left Ground Zero. (I could have told them why this would be so. I've said so over and over and OVER again here. Nobody listens to the SpaceCritter.)

The whole State of Emergency was predicated on not overwhelming the healthcare system. That is no longer a danger, and with the exception of New York City, really never was.

What is going to happen come May 18? Another 2 weeks? Another 2 after that?

I am fortunately employed with an essential occupation however I feel for the huge number of people who are getting hammered by this draconian shutdown, and the voices of the citizenry must be heard. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am not sure if even one state employee has been furloughed or let go, and for damn sure not every public sector job is essential.
I think May 18th is just a start. Don't forget the blue ribbon task force that was given the task to create a back to work plan, does not have to have their recommendations back to Faker until May 18th. In all likelihood, they will need "time" to implement their plan. Thus another two weeks at least. Just my opinion.

HAIs are not a factor in elective vs. urgent/emergent classification of surgeries. The label exists independent of communicable disease outbreaks. The heart surgery at hand is "elective" because it's scheduled in advance at a time of the surgeon and patient's choosing, and the patient is not at risk of immediate loss of life or body parts without surgical intervention right now. Urgent/emergent surgeries are things like appendectomy, trauma repair, strangulated hernia, etc. I think the delays of elective surgeries are a disaster brewing, and we'll look back at this as shameful.
Infection risks has nothing to do with classification of surgeries as elective, but there are risk assessment guidelines that take this factor into account when determining whether or not to proceed with a surgery during times like this. If they decided not to proceed, it is absolutely because of infection risk, as there are hundreds of “elective” surgeries still taking place where the risk assessment warrants it.

View attachment 352928

Connecticut's hospital utilization for this, and that's on the basis of EXISTING beds, not counting any of those emergency places they set up and never used. 20%? Yep, high as something nasty would be, but not in any sort of danger of causing the system to collapse, even with the garden-variety assortment of injuries and illnesses, and ESPECIALLY when considering they DID set up those emergency spill-over facilities.

There's no tinfoil - at first, given the facts as we knew them early on - the situation in places like Italy - it looked bad. That was then. Facilities were put in place here. They were mostly not needed - and that hospital ship has left Ground Zero. (I could have told them why this would be so. I've said so over and over and OVER again here. Nobody listens to the SpaceCritter.)

The whole State of Emergency was predicated on not overwhelming the healthcare system. That is no longer a danger, and with the exception of New York City, really never was.
We’ve seen a number of times, including during this ongoing pandemic, lifting quarantines at our current state would be an incorrect decision and lead to a significant loss of life. Just because the numbers have started declining doesn’t mean it’s safe.

My dad has cancer surgery next Wednesday. Getting his C19 test tomorrow to ensure he doesn’t have it before they cut. He’s already been delayed from earlier this month.

Non-C19 doctors want to get back to work.

It’s one of the Boston hospitals.
Prayers sent for dad. It's crazy how what's really important in life can change in an instant. Stay positive, enjoy every minute!

We’ve seen a number of times, including during this ongoing pandemic, lifting quarantines at our current state would be an incorrect decision and lead to a significant loss of life. Just because the numbers have started declining doesn’t mean it’s safe.
We have an international data set to go by now. IT'S SAFE.

Wishing your dad the best.

It’s not just surgeries, it’s other “elective” procedures as well. Colonoscopies, mammograms, gallstones, joint replacements, etc... not necessarily urgent but can have long term, even fatal consequences if delayed. What do they do in the meantime for pain for things like gallstones, joints, etc? Prescribe pain meds...

Great video. Tucker has been much watch television for a few weeks.

The situation in Maine is appalling. Their hospitalization utilization as well as total deaths and confirmed cases are minimal. By any reasonable (or unreasonable) metric, Maine should be reopening.

Here is the data:

Are the people of Maine really falling for her tyrannical BS?

View attachment 352993

compare this to the spanish flu and we are just in the first wave. if people go out and pretend everything is normal now we will repeat history here....just food for thought
These Spanish flu diagrams are absurd at this point. When The Wuhan mutates and starts killing people in a W curve (old, young, and prime of their life) then you could try to make that argument. The data shows the 'rona overwhelmingly kills the old and the sick, especially those in long term care facilities to the tune of more than 50% of all deaths. Currently about 1% of all deaths in Mass are under 50 years old and more than 98% of all deaths in the state have pre-existing conditions (when their conditions are known).

View attachment 352993

compare this to the spanish flu and we are just in the first wave. if people go out and pretend everything is normal now we will repeat history here....just food for thought
1. Nowhere in the world are we seeing 5000 deaths/M. Worst is tiny San Marino at 1208.
2. It could be this thing will come back in the fall. If so, that's all the more reason to reopen everything NOW to build up in preparation for it. The hospitals weren't overwhelmed, and now not only have patients had to forgo procedures and tests, the empty hospitals are in bad financial straits as a result. Do you really want to go into a "round two" with half the country's hospitals closed due to bankruptcy?

2. It could be this thing will come back in the fall. If so, that's all the more reason to reopen everything NOW to build up in preparation for it.

Spring and Fall are not independent events. What strain of virus is where this Fall, and what it does to us, depends on what‘s already happened and what will happen between now and then. Things *do* appear to getting better, and never got to 1918 proportions. But we didn’t intentionally load 100s of thousands of soldiers on long train rides, packed tight for days, to all points in the US and Europe this time either. What we see today is a results of what we did. If we did it different, it might be worse, better or the same - we cannot know. We can only change what we do next.

Reopen?
Everything?
Now?

Any graded reopening, relaxing of social distancing, or just “cold turkey”?

Sure, anyone with risks factors who doesn’t want to go back to work can just stay home. No Unemployment for you?
If you want to wear a mask, go ahead?
If you want to wash your hands, wait until break/lunch?
If you want to use wipes/sanitizer, bring your own?

Just and those who “support the 2ndA“ vary between “uninfringed means uninfringed” and “National Guard militia“ in their read of the 2ndA, “reopen everything now” means different things to different people.

Not getting up in your face - just looking for your position.

These Spanish flu diagrams are absurd at this point. When The Wuhan mutates and starts killing people in a W curve (old, young, and prime of their life) then you could try to make that argument. The data shows the 'rona overwhelmingly kills the old and the sick, especially those in long term care facilities to the tune of more than 50% of all deaths. Currently about 1% of all deaths in Mass are under 50 years old and more than 98% of all deaths in the state have pre-existing conditions (when their conditions are known).
That didn’t sound right so I looked up the #’s.

27 deaths under 50 out of 3,405: less than 1%.
If you add in under 60, 4.4%.
Under 70, 14%.

Not to be Debby Downer, but there will not be a full opening here until there is a vaccine.

IMHO

Bad times ahead.

Great video. Tucker has been much watch television for a few weeks.

The situation in Maine is appalling. Their hospitalization utilization as well as total deaths and confirmed cases are minimal. By any reasonable (or unreasonable) metric, Maine should be reopening.

Here is the data:

Are the people of Maine really falling for her tyrannical BS?
My friends are bullshit over it.

...except the "emergency" either has passed, or, in most places, never existed in the first place.
You really have no idea what you're talking about. You can certainly find a graph or two to support your case, but you're absolutely dead wrong. I work in an ICU in a large tertiary hospital in Mass. We are bursting. EDs are a mess. Intubated patients with nowhere to go. ICU patients being housed in PACUs and other makeshift areas. Non-ICU-trained physicians are caring for ICU patients. There's a shortage of equipment, including PPE for staff. We discuss the actual numbers of COVID and ICU patients every day with facts, not sourced from any news station.

I know this won't change your mind, because you had it made up before any of this started. The amount of blind denial some people have staggers me.

Last edited:
View attachment 352993

Healthcare and society in 1918 cannot be compared to 2020. This information is useless.

Back
Top Bottom