MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

Ehh.. When my bestfriend who's a ICU nurse in Boston and originally thought this thing was way overblown back in March is calling me the other day completely distraught and telling me how they lost half the patients in her unit over the weekend, both young and old people... I think I'm gonna go with what the people with first hand knowledge are saying...
Just got word training for my new job just got pushed back to June, so dont expect this shit to be going anywhere soon
she has sampling bias. She works in ICU. That half of ICU patients are dying isn't surprising. Probably upwards of half the people that end up in the ICU from flu end up dead.

None of her observations change the fact that the death rate from this is likely ~1% or less.

What's the endgame, then?
above my pay grade.

But, I think if you're gonna go full retard you should probably have had an end game in mind from the beginning....like, when this gets to a point where for 2 weeks straight the number of new daily cases is declining, we'll start thinking about opening shit up, or some similar criteria....no, they see a peak (maybe a false peak but who even cares) and start talking about opening up. That's stupid. Not as stupid as shutting the world down in the first place, but definitely stupid.

I’m still trying to figure out the semantics between a stay at home ORDER which is what most states instituted and an ADVISORY which is what Faker put in place for MA. At the time he put it in place he basically said he couldn't enforce it so it couldn’t be an order. So what really happens if someone doesn’t comply with the advisory? And if the state opens can Mahty really keep Boston closed? Any lawyers here?

From today’s dashboard. Percentage of positive tests below. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but number of tests is up, while number positive is down.

3985678B-E4B8-4B7F-B483-7E5F79511FFC.jpeg

Having gone through this, people WILL NOT accept it. It WILL be blood in the streets.

That's the danger of an overreaction, a.k.a. Crying Wolf, which is what - if not now then certainly in a month or two - people will consider this.
So, it will become the norm, just like the flu.

Then we could argue, was this worth it?

One side, I guess we could say it was, because it was going to happen sooner or later and now people wont allow it.

But, what will happen in a few years if something pretty bad comes along, like Ebola, but that easily spreads? ... will the people call BS on it? ... maybe when they see videos they will see it's not just another flu and be OK with quarantine?

I feel like no matter what the choice was, every outcome is bad.

Ehh.. When my bestfriend who's a ICU nurse in Boston and originally thought this thing was way overblown back in March is calling me the other day completely distraught and telling me how they lost half the patients in her unit over the weekend, both young and old people... I think I'm gonna go with what the people with first hand knowledge are saying...
Just got word training for my new job just got pushed back to June, so dont expect this shit to be going anywhere soon
Please look at the linked COVID dashboard for death by age data. Also, keep in mind that our medical personnel (that I admire BTW) are dealing with the small fraction that have an issue with this disease and require hospitalization. This really is like a war in the sense that they need to deal with the horrible fact of watching these people die. I sympathize with how awful that must be, but they are on the front lines and that isn't how decisions on the future of our economy and country should be made.

Selected key points:
- 57.4% of Mass COVID deaths are from long term care facilities
- percent of patients who died with underlying conditions (eliminating patients whose health conditions are unknown) is 98.1%
- average age of COVID death is 82
- 1% of all COVID deaths in Mass have been under the age of 50
- 4.7% of all COVID deaths in Mass have been under the age of 60

The old and sick should isolate if they want. The young, healthy, and able should get back to work if they choose.

But, what will happen in a few years if something pretty bad comes along, like Ebola, but that easily spreads? ... will the people call BS on it? ... maybe when they see videos they will see it's not just another flu and be OK with quarantine?
Not a few years. What if it's the fall? THEY CRIED WOLF. And not a little - ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE WOLVES ARE AT THE DOOR! THE HELL WITH YOUR LIVELIHOOD - ZOMBIE WOLVES AT THE DOOR!

Did she also tell you the underlying conditions?

Both old and young means nothing. How many old and how many young were there and what percentage of each died?

How does your friend define "young"?

Half of how many? Half of 2, 4, 100?

The first hand knowledge of your friend is worth nothing without knowledge she cannot give you (and might not even have even if she wanted to give it to you).

Please look at the linked COVID dashboard for death by age data. Also, keep in mind that our medical personnel (that I admire BTW) are dealing with the small fraction that have an issue with this disease and require hospitalization. This really is like a war in the sense that they need to deal with the horrible fact of watching these people die. I sympathize with how awful that must be, but they are on the front lines and that isn't how decisions on the future of our economy and country should be made.

Selected key points:
- 57.4% of Mass COVID deaths are from long term care facilities
- percent of patients who died with underlying conditions (eliminating patients whose health conditions are unknown) is 98.1%
- average age of COVID death is 82
- 1% of all COVID deaths in Mass have been under the age of 50
- 4.7% of all COVID deaths in Mass have been under the age of 60

The old and sick should isolate if they want. The young, healthy, and able should get back to work if they choose.

I remmeber when I was posting those numbers when COVID was starting in Italy. I was called a POS and told I didnt care.

Fast forward a couple of months and now everyone is starting to see the real numbers.

I think a good first move would have been for States to say something like work doesnt start until 10am. Between 5am-9am, older people and people with underlying conditions can go out and buy what they need. If you are over 50, you can work from home and no one can force you to go to the office. If you have aever conditions, get a doctors note and your company cant force you to go to the office. At 10am, the world goes back to normal. Businesses stay open and cater to different customers at different time. Businesses make arrangements to make sure those people can work from home.

I feel something like that would have been a much better first step.

yea so myself and other businesses I know won't be abiding by this and will be going back to work on the 4th like originally planned. Other businesses in our complex have been working for weeks now already and none are essential. We will social distance, wear masks, ect, but Its come to a point that either sit on our ass and watch our business be destroyed/no longer exist, or do something about it and deal with the consequences should they come up. I'll go down fighting at this point...

yea so myself and other businesses I know won't be abiding by this and will be going back to work on the 4th like originally planned. Other businesses in our complex have been working for weeks now already and none are essential. We will social distance, wear masks, ect, but Its come to a point that either sit on our ass and watch our business be destroyed/no longer exist, or do something about it and deal with the consequences should they come up. I'll go down fighting at this point...

I respect that. If I understand correctly, it's the local health boards that enforce this crap. What leverage do they have over you? I've heard about $300 per day fines, and I was wondering at what point is it worth it to defy the order and eat the $300 as a cost of doing business if it means staying afloat. Not that $300 is trivial, but still.

When May 18 rolls around, faker baker will push it back two more weeks at a time until summer is over and half the state is out of business. Maine has a total of 91 covid deaths, yet the entire state is shut down? There is no logic to any of this...
Oh, no, there IS a logic to this. [thinking]

Destruction of the country.

destruction of a President,,, ,the economy/country is just collateral damage.

and by the way, NH is shut down with 60 deaths a third less deaths than Maine and (i think) it was half in nursing homes. So stay out of nursing homes and you improve your chances by 50%.. (ok not scientific but you get my point).

I’m still trying to figure out the semantics between a stay at home ORDER which is what most states instituted and an ADVISORY which is what Faker put in place for MA. At the time he put it in place he basically said he couldn't enforce it so it couldn’t be an order. So what really happens if someone doesn’t comply with the advisory? And if the state opens can Mahty really keep Boston closed? Any lawyers here?
So, does this mean gun shops CAN open? I don't think so, but then again, the one in Middlborough is still going last I heard.

Destruction of the country.
"Transformation" they would call it. The first step: removal of Trump from power. That's been the goal since it became clear he was the President-elect. And no, they don't care how badly they wreck the country in the process - they hate him more than they love the US (and, of course, they don't). The Donks have been incessant in its pursuit. RINOs like Baker as well. What's sad: it looks like Chris Sununu has joined the ranks. I wouldn't have thought that, but yet, here we are.

We're all basically living the "Green New Deal". No planes are flying, fossil fuel consumption is down drastically and now the meat processing plants are on the chopping block...Coincidence?
Call it a taste test.

If you're not liking what you're tasting, you had BETTER be ready to become an activist in the coming weeks. The ONLY we're going to overcome this is to push HARD.

The moving the opening date two weeks at a time is a cognitive behavioral technique called “Chunking”. The theory is that anxiety occurs when the mind is presented with a seemingly overwhelming issue / event. (Like we’re going to be closed until the end of June!) In order to decrease anxiety and formulate an attack plan for the issue, you breakdown the issue into discrete pieces or chunks. Smaller pieces are easier to deal with.

The .gov is going to continue to move the opening date in one - two week intervals as a vehicle to prevent the masses from being overwhelmed and rioting.

This will continue until an uprising occurs, or when the .gov feels they can no longer get away with the technique.

That’s what a number of folks here hypothesized as their game plan when we first heard the infamous “14 days” BS.

Most people who have not thought for more than a nanosecond about prepping for a disaster of this magnitude simply are not prepared to accept the gravity and reality of the event. The need to be babied to keep from freaking out.

Unfortunately that is also why this thing will drag on longer than it should have. If the govt had the balls to hit this hard and early with a total shutdown we’d be seeing many business reopening now.

Those that do not know history are bound to repeat it, and those that do will find a new way to f*** up.

If you’re not dead or sick enough to post on NES, this whole thing must indeed seem like a farce. Read up on the 1918 pandemic and tell us why *then* you could have spotted that as a real problem.

Those that do not know history are bound to repeat it, and those that do will find a new way to f*** up.

If you’re not dead or sick enough to post on NES, this whole thing must indeed seem like a farce. Read up on the 1918 pandemic and tell us why *then* you could have spotted that as a real problem.
Oh, I have.

Despite this being MUCH less of a threat to us now than that was then, biologically, we may not survive it as a society, and that has to do with there they were then, socially, and where we are now. They lost a LOT more people - both in per-capita and absolute terms - than we will with this. Yet their societies were not under the debt loads ours are now, nor did they tolerate the kinds of draconian measures for the healthy - for the sick, sure, they were quarantined - we're experiencing, and long after the expressed danger (mainly to the "healthcare system" - which itself is being DESTROYED by those very restrictions) have evaporated.

It has now devolved to absolute bullshit.

When May 18 rolls around, faker baker will push it back two more weeks at a time until summer is over and half the state is out of business. Maine has a total of 91 covid deaths, yet the entire state is shut down? There is no logic to any of this...

THIS! We were planning on this being pushed back, so today was no surprise. But how long can business be waving in the wind, and the more they delay the inevitable, the more businesses and families theyre going to destroy. And the whole point in the lockdowns was so hospitals weren't overwhelmed and we crush the healthcare system. Now we hear hospitals are furloughing employees because there isn't work for them. We spoke to the other businesses and they haven't once been questioned by law enforcement, in fact quite the opposite as a couple said it is tough for them from a moral/constitutional standpoint and beliefs. Was nice to hear theres still law enforcement that believe in the foundations of this country...

You know, if one of you would just hit the "go time" button we could "fix" this place a lot sooner!
It's yet another one of those tradeoff exercises. Deaths cuz bad politicians' choices - wholesale slaughter in a civil war.

What's worse, in the latter case, we may not find ourselves in the dominant position. In which case, best thing we could do is cause them a LOT of pain and suffering.

Back
Top Bottom