MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

The states that have "reopened" are doing so gradually. For example in TX you can go to the movies. But you have to buy the tickets online, and you have to sit at least 6' apart. Gyms can open to 25% of their rated capacity.
I don't think I've ever seen my gym at anything close to 25% of rated capacity. [laugh]

The states that have "reopened" are doing so gradually. For example in TX you can go to the movies. But you have to buy the tickets online, and you have to sit at least 6' apart. Gyms can open to 25% of their rated capacity.

Glad we won't be first out of the gate so we can see what works.

FYI wrote Baker an email this week suggesting that "Essential" and "Non-Essential" are meaningless in this circumstnace and only lead to lobbying and lawsuits. There should be two types of businesses: those that can operate safely, and those who can't.

Many businesses can operate safely at limited capacity. The key is the MA government wont let them. Baker is all for keeping things closed rather than thinking outside the box.

I feel way more unsafe at a Wal mart or home depot now than I would sitting at a restaurant or movie theater with seating way apart.

If government would let business be safe most of them would and if they werent people wouldntgo there. But Govt wants control and their control is totally unconstitutional because they are stopping people from making a living.

Many businesses can operate safely at limited capacity. The key is the MA government wont let them. Baker is all for keeping things closed rather than thinking outside the box.

I feel way more unsafe at a Wal mart or home depot now than I would sitting at a restaurant or movie theater with seating way apart.

If government would let business be safe most of them would and if they werent people wouldntgo there. But Govt wants control and their control is totally unconstitutional because they are stopping people from making a living.
Central planning at its core. The planners assume people are just "too dumb" to make their own decisions and proceed with their lives the way they see fit. Its sickening watching multigenerational small businesses wither and die

Crush small independent businesses, make them all dependent on the government.... Can't do that if you let them open before it is too late to save their businesses.
Then no tax revenue, the opposite of everything they've been doing.

Just about 50% of jobs in MA are at small business. In Boston, the majority of those have 10 or fewer employees.

Last edited:
Central planning at its core. The planners assume people are just "too dumb" to make their own decisions and proceed with their lives the way they see fit. Its sickening watching multigenerational small businesses wither and die
Almost like that was part of the plan all along. [thinking]

Almost like that was part of the plan all along. [thinking]
Maybe but enough time has passed where there is so much opportunity for plans to evolve. All these busybodies do, day in and day out, is to brainstorm these awful ideas, fling them at a wall and see what sticks. They've been given or have taken too much control and dont appear to be willing to give the new gains back

View attachment 352442New simulation tool from MGH and partners. Not lookin good for a quick return to normal.

Chart is on a log basis. You drop to 100 cases/day at June 14 or so. On a state of 8M people. I can see us going to Memorial Day. But not much past that - especially if other states are open and safe. Watching GA pretty carefully right now.

They'll just "tax" (or otherwise just confiscate) savings, 401k, ...

And they WON'T have to face voter wrath, cuz mail-in ballots, all of which will magically be marked Donk.

I've been waiting for awhile now on them to get the bright idea to start "taxing" 401ks. I really do think that will be go time for a lot of people.

Maybe but enough time has passed where there is so much opportunity for plans to evolve. All these busybodies do, day in and day out, is to brainstorm these awful ideas, fling them at a wall and see what sticks. They've been given or have taken too much control and dont appear to be willing to give the new gains back

They'll just "tax" (or otherwise just confiscate) savings, 401k, ...

And they WON'T have to face voter wrath, cuz mail-in ballots, all of which will magically be marked Donk.

This is a liberal perfect storm. Conservative values and support of the Constitution is all but gone. I don't know about you guys but I am horrified and quite frankly, scared of what is about to come. We just gave the keys away and they are not giving it back. We are moments away from mail in voting. Once that passes, well, the fat lady will be singing. You won't need your 401k anyways because it will be worthless.

People are too dumb, that is a fact.

However, we do not need central planning. Stupidity should hurt.

Then no tax revenue, the opposite of everything they've been doing.

Just about 50% of jobs in MA are at small business. In Boston, the majority of those have 10 or fewer employees.
I called it, maybe on this thread or another. They WILL create a tax. They will call it some BS like "Pandemic preparedness tax". They will remind us how painful this was and will tell us how the tax is to prevent this pain in the future. Most people will be OK with it because they think it will not affect them and will give them a handout next time. Politicians will raid that fund and there wont be any money next time.

FYI wrote Baker an email this week suggesting that "Essential" and "Non-Essential" are meaningless in this circumstnace and only lead to lobbying and lawsuits. There should be two types of businesses: those that can operate safely, and those who can't.
all those states will have huge spikes in cases. Gonna be a lot of lolz.

The states that have "reopened" are doing so gradually. For example in TX you can go to the movies. But you have to buy the tickets online, and you have to sit at least 6' apart. ...
... those that can operate safely, and those who can't.
They should be encouraging drive-in movies. Just leave one empty car-space between cars, and bring your own snacks.

How's that work as the Central Planners are incompetent at running anything?

You know come May 18th they will say the end of may.

The moving the opening date two weeks at a time is a cognitive behavioral technique called “Chunking”. The theory is that anxiety occurs when the mind is presented with a seemingly overwhelming issue / event. (Like we’re going to be closed until the end of June!) In order to decrease anxiety and formulate an attack plan for the issue, you breakdown the issue into discrete pieces or chunks. Smaller pieces are easier to deal with.

The .gov is going to continue to move the opening date in one - two week intervals as a vehicle to prevent the masses from being overwhelmed and rioting.

This will continue until an uprising occurs, or when the .gov feels they can no longer get away with the technique.

The .gov is going to continue to move the opening date in one - two week intervals as a vehicle to prevent the masses from being overwhelmed and rioting.
Much past May FIRST, they will, anyway. There have already been (so far very peaceful) protests. Once people begin to realize this whole thing has been kind of a... maybe not "sham" but certainly not the risk that was sold to them - that may not sustain. Especially if MAJOR losses (including dead friends and relatives from collateral damage) accrue.

Back
Top Bottom