MA shut down well into June???.....Wife’s work says so.

Maybe. And those people will travel all over the country.

We will see.
yup...I get the desire to open back up, and frankly I never supported the destruction of our country over this thing, but since we went down this road we should see it through so that it's not all in vain. I don't know why people think hitting a "peak" or a flattening of the curve means it's time to open it all back up. It's obviously just going to spike again.

Yeah. Ok. No tax ever gets rescinded.
The public voted in a rollback of the income tax to be effective immediately. It took over 20 years for it to happen since our betters nullified the vote.

Prop 2.5 set property tax and vehicle excise tax limits. Though some games have been played (moving tax funded items to fees), it has been somewhat effective, even though the system did everything it could to convince us our betters were best qualified to decide how we spent our money.

What both of these have in common is that pesky citizen's referendum thing.

Odds are these states will come out of it with their economies and peoples business still intact.
They'll still be hurt.

Technically, I never closed. Hell, many (not all) of my customers never closed. But they're not busy. So (with the exception of the early weeks getting them set up with remoting into work) I'm not, either. Nobody wants to call me with a new project cuz Uncertainty, and their own billables are way down.

I have a project via a customer for a certain well-known defense contractor. It's sitting at his shop, in boxes. Outside contractors still aren't allowed back onsite.

I have another - their HQ is in Milan. [sad]

I think most people forget the original intent, which was to stay home to keep hospitals humming along well. Unless I missed something, they are and in some cases, very much so. The lock down is now being thought of as staying in for months and months to never get sick. If that's the case, we'll never get out of lock down. Depending on the state, they'll keep moving the goal posts. These same models that have been wrong now show doom and gloom for state opening up. It's like dealing with a crazy person.

The public voted in a rollback of the income tax to be effective immediately. It took over 20 years for it to happen since our betters nullified the vote.

Prop 2.5 set property tax and vehicle excise tax limits. Though some games have been played (moving tax funded items to fees), it has been somewhat effective, even though the system did everything it could to convince us our betters were best qualified to decide how we spent our money.

What both of these have in common is that pesky citizen's referendum thing.
Yeah. Prop 2.5. Im still wondering how my property tax went up 10 percent last year. Thats a joke

yup...I get the desire to open back up, and frankly I never supported the destruction of our country over this thing, but since we went down this road we should see it through so that it's not all in vain. I don't know why people think hitting a "peak" or a flattening of the curve means it's time to open it all back up. It's obviously just going to spike again.
It doesnt matter what we do, it will spread again.
People from other countries will have it, people will get it when they go back to the office, or when their kids transmit it to the teachers, or when your dentist is working on a cavity.

We could keep it going for another 3 months, it wont make a damn difference, all you need is just one person to have it and go to a concert / bar / big conference....

What scares me is that we open up again, people get it, because we know thet will happen, and they try to shut everything down again in September/ October.

People from other countries will have it, people will get it when they go back to the office, or when their kids transmit it to the teachers, or when your dentist is working on a cavity.

We could keep it going for another 3 months, it wont make a damn difference, all you need is just one person to have it and go to a concert / bar / big conference....

What scares me is that we open up again, people get it, because we know thet will happen, and they try to shut everything down again in September/ October.
Having gone through this, people WILL NOT accept it. It WILL be blood in the streets.

That's the danger of an overreaction, a.k.a. Crying Wolf, which is what - if not now then certainly in a month or two - people will consider this.

I think most people forget the original intent, which was to stay home to keep hospitals humming along well. Unless I missed something, they are and in some cases, very much so. The lock down is now being thought of as staying in for months and months to never get sick. If that's the case, we'll never get out of lock down. Depending on the state, they'll keep moving the goal posts. These same models that have been wrong now show doom and gloom for state opening up. It's like dealing with a crazy person.
I know someone at BMC in billing. Hospitals are on the verge of going out of business. They are only half full of covid patients and very little other. No surgeries are going on unless absolutely needed. No MRI’s no other things that pay the bills. Some doctors and nurses are laid off
Half the place is empty. And the beds are sitting costing them money.

She said this continues they will be screwed.

What do you mean? There is no like, guaranteed burnout of the virus if this bullshit continues. The whole idea has been half-assed from day one, although honestly I don't think it would
matter much.

This shit will rebound too, and people will die. Chances are this cycle will continue until there's enough herd immunity or the weak are killed off, whichever comes
first.

-Mike

There is no containment. The only justification for continued shut down is hospital utilization, which Faker or his advisers were smart enough to mention today.

Yeah, that's a big reason why I never supported this nonsense. The cat was out of the bag in January and there was no stopping it. It was always going to run its course.

I don't think the public will have much appetite for a second round of this stay at home shit. I think all the sheep will be on board but you'll have really large numbers of people refusing to comply. I've actually really liked this whole thing. I hate the general public and not needing an excuse to avoid people has been great. I've had a lot more time with my family and not having to commute daily in LA traffic has been great. Still, if they pull this shit again in the fall I'll be fine with working from home, but I'm not going to social distance in any other way. Life, at some point, must go on.

We'll still have the small, vocal, butthurt NES crew talking about us trying to kill their grandma's if we don't support this stupidity for another round, but nothing you can do about those sheep either.

How's that work as the Central Planners are incompetent at running anything?
It doesnt as history proves over and over again. Its an impossibility for any central planning authority to possess the raw intelligence to run a massively diverse group of industries and business with any competence. Just look at how they're handling "essential" businesses vs everyone else

I know someone at BMC in billing. Hospitals are on the verge of going out of business. They are only half full of covid patients and very little other. No surgeries are going on unless absolutely needed. No MRI’s no other things that pay the bills. Some doctors and nurses are laid off

These facilities should be opened up. If we can't trust hospitals to run in these conditions, then everything is pointless. Waiting for a vaccine that may not come is not a survival strategy. These facilities could also be used for increased COVID treatment capacity.

Yeah, that's a big reason why I never supported this nonsense. The cat was out of the bag in January and there was no stopping it. It was always going to run its course.

I don't think the public will have much appetite for a second round of this stay at home shit. I think all the sheep will be on board but you'll have really large numbers of people refusing to comply. I've actually really liked this whole thing. I hate the general public and not needing an excuse to avoid people has been great. I've had a lot more time with my family and not having to commute daily in LA traffic has been great. Still, if they pull this shit again in the fall I'll be fine with working from home, but I'm not going to social distance in any other way. Life, at some point, must go on.

We'll still have the small, vocal, butthurt NES crew talking about us trying to kill their grandma's if we don't support this stupidity for another round, but nothing you can do about those sheep either.

IMHO when the rebound happens and pols start making noises about another lockdown that's when we'll see how f***ed the country is or not. I expect a lot of people to get very
pissed off at that point. I am just hoping it happens before Nov 5th because if it happens after, then the entire political calculus changes because many pols wont have their
jobs on the line in the face of a poor decision.

I think at a bare minimum if another shutdown is ruminated about by the authorities some people are going to f***ing completely snap and lose their shit. Chinsebag government bailouts
alone cannot save small businesses affected by this garbage. Not to mention the fact that .gov is essentially shutting down 2/3rds of everyones life over a disease that might kill less than 1% of the population...

-Mike

...which means they must destroy the hospitals in order to save them. [thinking]

IMHO when the rebound happens and pols start making noises about another lockdown that's when we'll see how f***ed the country is or not. I expect a lot of people to get very
pissed off at that point. I am just hoping it happens before Nov 5th because if it happens after, then the entire political calculus changes because many pols wont have their

I think at a bare minimum if another shutdown is ruminated about by the authorities some people are going to f***ing completely snap and lose their shit. Chinsebag government bailouts
alone cannot save small businesses affected by this garbage. Not to mention the fact that .gov is essentially shutting down 2/3rds of everyones life over a disease that might kill less than 1% of the population...

-Mike

What I bolded is what I'd love some of the NES pro-destroy-the-economy crew to opine on. It looks like the actual fatality rate on this could be as low as 0.6%. I get that that is still 6x worse than the flu and "this isn't the f***ing flu" and "this is worse than the f***ing flu" is pretty much all they ever say. So I'm curious at what number is their threshold for going scorched earth on the economy. Like, with the flu at 0.1% kill rate, we are like, "ok nothing we can do about that, people die". At 1% with covid at the high end, they're like "arghhhh you c*** stop trying to kill my grandma". So where's the line? Like if this was only twice as bad as the flu would we shut shit down? 3x worse?

They were just saying on the news that baker has extended the shutdown to May 18th and right after they said that, they said a new model shows that May 18th would be too soon. The models have been so wrong so far but hey lets destroy lives based on these models.

What I bolded is what I'd love some of the NES pro-destroy-the-economy crew to opine on. It looks like the actual fatality rate on this could be as low as 0.6%. I get that that is still 6x worse than the flu and "this isn't the f***ing flu" and "this is worse than the f***ing flu" is pretty much all they ever say. So I'm curious at what number is their threshold for going scorched earth on the economy. Like, with the flu at 0.1% kill rate, we are like, "ok nothing we can do about that, people die". At 1% with covid at the high end, they're like "arghhhh you c*** stop trying to kill my grandma". So where's the line? Like if this was only twice as bad as the flu would we shut shit down? 3x worse?
I'll go slow so you understand: cuz ACTIONS. HAVE. CONSEQUENCES. Stopping people from pursuing their livelihood puts them out of work, and makes them BROKE, $1200 checks to the contrary. It closes businesses. It destroys hopes and dreams. It CLOSES HOSPITALS cuz they cannot afford to operate any longer. The deaths that will result from those (suicides, substance abuse, delayed medical procedures, and on, and on, and on) don't tally as easily nor as quickly as "COVID-19" nor are they as sexy to MSM and policritters. But if this continues much longer, they likely will exceed anything this virus can do.

People aren't going to do jackshit. They are all over social media begging for more gov't controls, can't open up, stay the f*ck home...

A bunch of noisy NPC idiots with TDS braying on faceplant does not an entire population make.

-Mike

What's the endgame, then?

They were just saying on the news that baker has extended the shutdown to May 18th and right after they said that, they said a new model shows that May 18th would be too soon. The models have been so wrong so far but hey lets destroy lives based on these models.

Posted this on another thread, too funny not to post it again.

My apologies if this has already been posted.

Yup, it really is just over-blown

Ehh.. When my bestfriend who's a ICU nurse in Boston and originally thought this thing was way overblown back in March is calling me the other day completely distraught and telling me how they lost half the patients in her unit over the weekend, both young and old people... I think I'm gonna go with what the people with first hand knowledge are saying...
Just got word training for my new job just got pushed back to June, so dont expect this shit to be going anywhere soon

-Mike

The snapping thing may not be all that far off.
Just based on my little corner of the world I'm seeing people who are watching everything they worked for just evaporate.
To say some of them are on the raw edge is an understatement .
I know people who haven't had a day off or a vacation in 10-15 years to run their places, keep their employees paid and a roof over their families head.
Now tell that guy "Sorry , sucks to be you."
It's coming.

Ehh.. When my bestfriend who's a ICU nurse in Boston and originally thought this thing was way overblown back in March is calling me the other day completely distraught and telling me how they lost half the patients in her unit over the weekend, both young and old people... I think I'm gonna go with what the people with first hand knowledge are saying...
Just got word training for my new job just got pushed back to June, so dont expect this shit to be going anywhere soon

I figure that if I get covid19, it's going to be unpleasant for me. I'll whine like a bitch and get over it. My wife however has a compromised autoimmune disease. Besides having the stunningly bad judgement to marry me, she was blessed with antiphospholipidantibody syndrome. It's rare, it's progressive, it's incurable and its presence puts her in the high risk group.

So, I mask and glove when I deal with other people because I really, really don't want to bring this shit home. We have a bad enough time with the grandchildren bringing home every fcking germ they can from schools normally.

I don't have answers, I don't have recommendations for how others ought to live. I just don't want to be responsible for my wife's death.

Back
Top Bottom