• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA NFA Mfg's - Any issues processing paperwork?

Mike S

NES Member
Trying to verify something

Are there any NFA MFG's located in MA - and have you had any issue lately processing paperwork with the ATF?

Last edited:
I was told that all NFA is on hold in MA. I have one SBR going on 6 months now and another friend waiting on MG paperwork for more than 7 months. All stemming from AG July's notice.

I was told that all NFA is on hold in MA. I have one SBR going on 6 months now and another friend waiting on MG paperwork for more than 7 months. All stemming from AG July's notice.
This is what I'm hearing from the ATF as well, with a little more than that included. Hoping for verification. Anyone else?

Specifically looking for info from MFG's

Ive had one pending since 2/25!!!!

One of the guys at the shop heard from their NFA contact at the ATF that the issue isn't MA related, just the massive influx of paperwork right before the trust changes.

One of the guys at the shop heard from their NFA contact at the ATF that the issue isn't MA related, just the massive influx of paperwork right before the trust changes.

The ATF is currently approving April into May form 1's for free states. All MA forms are ON HOLD per Ted Clutter. Not sure why people keep spreading bad intel.

Doesn't seem like there is any real proof that the ATF is holding out because of the AG, however it does seem very strange that all other states are getting approvals just fine and we can't find a single MA approval since 7/20. Check different websites and you can see.
Has anyone directly contacted the ATF and see if it is MA related. I don't think it just in influx of paperwork.

The ATF is currently approving April into May form 1's for free states. All MA forms are ON HOLD per Ted Clutter. Not sure why people keep spreading bad intel.

Can I ask, did you contact Ted Clutter? Is there anything to back this up? Not trying to pry but I've yet to see anything in writing.

Can I ask, did you contact Ted Clutter? Is there anything to back this up? Not trying to pry but I've yet to see anything in writing.

Exactly. Unless we know where he got the info, his intel is "as bad" as the info he called out for being bad. I'd like to see proof, not just "I told you I am right!"

Royal, I and we here apperciate you giving information you may have to help the cause. But Ted Clutter is one of the top go to people for this and is very well known and his neme is always thrown around.

All I am asking for is.....
Did you talk with him on the phone?
Do you email back and forth?
Text massage?
Is he your uncle with inside information?
I don't mean to point you or anyone out, but let's try to get facts with proof to back it up.

When I called about the 7/13 changes they were pretty helpful on the phone. Didn't wait too long to talk to someone either. Mine will probably take longer than most since I filed the papers instead of e-submit.

I'm going on three months now for my stamp so I'm not going to cry... Yet...

Trying to verify something

Are there any NFA MFG's located in MA - and have you had any issue lately processing paperwork with the ATF?

If you're looking for manufacturers, PM Groundscrapers here. I believe that's Joe from DaVinci Arms.

Royal, I and we here apperciate you giving information you may have to help the cause. But Ted Clutter is one of the top go to people for this and is very well known and his neme is always thrown around.

All I am asking for is.....
Did you talk with him on the phone?
Do you email back and forth?
Text massage?
Is he your uncle with inside information?
I don't mean to point you or anyone out, but let's try to get facts with proof to back it up.
This has already been covered in the NFA NES section a few times ...Per Gary Schaible ATF thru email corospondence; All MA apps have been put on hold until ATF gets guidance clarification from Maura.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've emailed Ted clutter and he confirmed the delay was related to the AG 7/20 bullshit.

It's no ****ing secret guys.

I've emailed Ted clutter and he confirmed the delay was related to the AG 7/20 bullshit.

It's no ****ing secret guys.

I don't see why this is even in "General Discussion" - this seems rather NFA specific going from the title alone. Even 07s are on hold - to the degree that they're making things themselves via form 2s rather than wait on transfers.

Another NFA/Stamp thread... and the same info.
Some people have called/emailed and been told that MA forms are on hold.
Other people have called and talked to people and been told that MA forms are not on hold.

My personal observation... there has been no movement in MA stamps that were filed as long ago as March.

Another NFA/Stamp thread... and the same info.
Some people have called/emailed and been told that MA forms are on hold.
Other people have called and talked to people and been told that MA forms are not on hold.

My personal observation... there has been no movement in MA stamps that were filed as long ago as March.
Well if it's been taking between 6 to 7 months to be approved then anyone who submitted paperwork in March were still in process as Mauras 7/20 guidance went public. Seems like anyone who submitted paperwork in Dec 15/Jan 16 were the last ones in MA who have been approved.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom