MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

Section 27. Last paragraph

Nothing in this subsection shall limit the authority of any state, municipality, county or judicial body from adopting policies restricting the possession of firearms, rifles, shotguns or other dangerous weapons in areas under their control.
Mark my words - this section right here will get people shot. Salem decides to ban guns; they know who has licenses, and little Suzie Libbtard is going to vote to send the police to collect your now illegal firearms.

Mark my words - this section right here will get people shot. Salem decides to ban guns; they know who has licenses, and little Suzie Libbtard is going to vote to send the police to collect your now illegal firearms.
If there's ever a law that will undoubtedly, unquestionably get struck down as unconstitutional, it would be that. There's no feasible path for any town to ban residents from owning firearms.

If there's ever a law that will undoubtedly, unquestionably get struck down as unconstitutional, it would be that. There's no feasible path for any town to ban residents from owning firearms.
Doesn't mean it won't happen, and take 5 years for SCOTUS to maybe possibly do something about it. MA judges will let it play.

Nothing in this subsection shall limit the authority of any state, municipality, county or judicial body from adopting policies restricting the possession of firearms, rifles, shotguns or other dangerous weapons in areas under their control.

This will make such a bizarre and strange patchwork of laws that it will be impossible to travel intrastate and stay on the right side of the law.

What does this mean in Section 3 ?
“(iii) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following: (a) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (b) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer; (c) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned; (d) a manufactured weight of not less than 50 ounces when the pistol is unloaded; ”

Particularly the part about “weight not less than 50 ounces when the pistol is unloaded”?

Let's be honest: GOAL isn't going to be able to stop this post-Bruen temper tantrum insanity even with triple the current membership and donations. Corrupt anti-2A leftist DimocRATS run the state and can do anything they want to phluck us up. 😡
Well, say you have 50,000 gun owners in MA and each one puts $25 bucks into the kitty. That's 1.25 Mil right there. Plus the stronger GOA and the NRA gets that helps as well.

It come down to a choice. The Left has no shortage of virulent determination to beat us into submission. Gun owners have failed to step up and match them so indeed, it only incites further beatings.

“(iii) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following: (a) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (b) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer; (c) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned; (d) a manufactured weight of not less than 50 ounces when the pistol is unloaded; ”

Particularly the part about “weight not less than 50 ounces when the pistol is unloaded”?
That caught my eye as well...only 3.125lb unloaded semi-auto pistols?? If so, what would qualify? "Some" (any?) non-polymer frame pistols?

They're trying to define "normal" pistols .vs. dangerous assault weapon pistols...

While you're at it, wtf is a "threaded barrel capable of accepting a... forward handgrip"?

They're trying to define "normal" pistols .vs. dangerous assault weapon pistols...

While you're at it, wtf is a "threaded barrel capable of accepting a... forward handgrip"?
Who the hell knows but I wish they would hurry up and define dangerous as I need the help. Every time I open my safe I am very leery and cautious as I never know which of my firearms are peaceful and which ones are the dangerous ones, its quite nerve wracking....

This is just the original AWB language for the pistol feature test slightly mangled. You need two to be bad. So a Desert Eagle is fine as it weighs over 50oz but that is all. A threaded barrel on your glock is fine as it’s one feature.

This stops AR pistols, AK pistols, CZ scorpion pistol, MP5 clones, etc.

It’s just the status quo and does not make any meaningful change.

That 50oz wording is in the current law. It’s to keep away AR pistols, Dracos, etc just by weight alone.
^ This

That's the current wording, most likely a literal copy and paste
That caught my eye as well...only 3.125lb unloaded semi-auto pistols?? If so, what would qualify? "Some" (any?) non-polymer frame pistols?
At 39 ounces, the 1911 passes handily, so you can still put a comp on it.
The DEagle does not. No threaded barrels for @DW357

I am more concerned about other parts that could turn a huge amount of people into felons. Like what they were trying to do around condos, having to let the association know.

Where was this part? I skimmed it but must've missed it.

Last edited:

The forward handgrip on the threaded barrel is just a little rubber dongle you can wack off when your hand gets burned holding your non-shrouded barrel so you can gain sensation back and keep firing away in a frenzy. Super helpful.

I gotta get a deagle stat?
Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

Ugh ... thank you.

I wonder if areas under their control include inside town limit.

For example, if a town could restrict owning a certain type of gun, or transporting that gun through the town, or forcing home owners to declare certain guns to the town.

If under their control they mean the Town Hall, and some other town building, that wouldn't be completely horrible (still really bad).

Ugh ... thank you.

I wonder if areas under their control include inside town limit.

For example, if a town could restrict owning a certain type of gun, or transporting that gun through the town, or forcing home owners to declare certain guns to the town.

If under their control they mean the Town Hall, and some other town building, that wouldn't be completely horrible (still really bad).
It's all horrible and illegal.

Where was this part? I skimmed it but mautve missed it.
I believe it was the first version. But might have been removed now.

However, the new part about allowing towns and cities to do whatever they want is just as bad if not worse.

This entire thing is a giant F*CK YOU to law abiding people and businesses.

I wonder where all the "compromise" idiots went.

Back
Top Bottom