• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ma FID card

Well I see things in the classified I would like to buy other than guns like powder and primers and every one says no no. WTF.
the first thing I do is look for location, and if there is no location there are clues like "pre maura" "pre ban" "eFA-10" "out of personal transfers" " personal transfer have your ID and PIN available" etc etc etc

If I see those I move on.

Powder and primers, bullets and empty brass are considered ammunition in Massachusetts and you can only purchase with a in state LTC. That is why no sale to you. You live in a free state all the vendors will ship to you just shop around on the internet. Most vendors will not ship to Massachusetts we are a no ship to island.

Well I see things in the classified I would like to buy other than guns like powder and primers and every one says no no. WTF.
That's because it's literally illegal for you to drive here to buy it. I used to buy and sell ammo with New Hampshire people all the time but I always did it outside of mass.

That's because it's literally illegal for you to drive here to buy it. I used to buy and sell ammo with New Hampshire people all the time but I always did it outside of mass.

This.

You can always contact a MA seller and ask if they'll sell to you in NH, but you'd do well to offer a bit more to pay for their gas. Most wouldn't mind selling up there.

This.

You can always contact a MA seller and ask if they'll sell to you in NH, but you'd do well to offer a bit more to pay for their gas. Most wouldn't mind selling up there.
beat me to it. This ^^

This.

I did buy a HK Mark 23 from a guy in Framingham few month ago. He had no problem coming up here to transfer. Nice guy. Another time I bought about a grand worth of reloading stuff. Primers, powder , projectiles brass and some reloading gear from a guy in central Mass Went down there to pick it up. Turns out he was a State Trooper. He didn’t have an issue selling to me

Keep that card so when you get pulled over in MA with powder or primers, you can be a test case for us to follow. Good luck to you.

It does say “valid until suspended or revoked”, doesn’t it? That sounds like a contract. Then again, weren’t they all revoked in 1998?

Yup, I have driven up to NH to sell something. Usually I could make it coincide with a Costco trip so I didn't ask for gas money.

Keep that card so when you get pulled over in MA with powder or primers, you can be a test case for us to follow. Good luck to you.
Getting caught with an expired LTC is merely a civil offense with a fine. I'm unsure if an expired FID gives the same protection, but perhaps someone may wish to look that up. In other words, I wouldn't throw it out, but I wouldn't count on it being otherwise useful to buy anything.

I did buy a HK Mark 23 from a guy in Framingham few month ago. He had no problem coming up here to transfer. Nice guy. Another time I bought about a grand worth of reloading stuff. Primers, powder , projectiles brass and some reloading gear from a guy in central Mass Went down there to pick it up. Turns out he was a State Trooper. He didn’t have an issue selling to me
You do know that possession of ammo components in MA is the same as ammo and requires a license, right? And the violation isn't on the seller it's on you.

You were lucky, but I wouldn'd suggest others try it based on your luck. If someone wants to take the risk, that's on them, but they should know what that risk is.

There are every, very rare exemptions in the classifieds of some powder or primers available for the same or less than online. Then you have to factor in the person may be 2hrs away.

Once in a while I see a couple of pounds of powder I want, then see the guy is an hour away. But I have gotten lucky and was able to meet people not far.

Just pay the $12 Hazmat and have whatever you want shipped to your house, save the headache and Hazmat will be less than what you will spend on gas driving around.

Back
Top Bottom