MA Compliant Glock 27s for $400? Can this be?

BuggsBunny

NES Member
Hi everyone,

Unless I am missing something very obvious here, doesn't this seem like a ridiculously low price for MA-compliant G27s?

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/1582722.html

At any gun store that I have visited here in the Commonwealth, $650.00 is probably the lowest you'll ever see them going for. They routinely fetch $700.00 to $800.00 (depending on condition and sights) at Four Seasons.

Has anyone here taken advantage of this bargain or is it a scam or something? Seems to good to be true - maybe I'm seeing things [shocked]!

Carl at Four Seasons has been known to buy up all of Summit's Mass Compliant Glocks

That's exactly what I was going to point out!

Though I'm not familiar with precisely what gun dealers' markups are on these guns, it seemed like such a steal to me that I wondered how on earth that page has stayed up for as long as it has (months now). With all the dealers in MA, wouldn't these things be gone in a flash? Must have been August, if not July, when I first came across that page.

Is Summit frequently checked by people here? Hope people take advantage of this (except for Carl) [hmmm] [grin].

Summit is a Distributor. The guns are used, usually PD turn-ins and ~$400 is the going wholesale rate for G27s (that may have been ill taken care of by LEOs or PDs). Summit can't sell them for a MA premium, as they sell them to 50 states. And you can't buy them direct from Summit without going thru a MA Dealer.

Some may need gunsmith attention or refurb'g and the dealer has to pay shipping and make a profit too, so retail prices aren't $400.

Thanks for your responses.

And you can't buy them direct from Summit without going thru a MA Dealer.

I do realize that one has to go through an MA dealer; but I was wondering, can one not pay an MA dealer a transfer fee and get the gun from Summit for Summit's listed price + Summit's shipping + MA dealer fee? If you could, wouldn't it still be a great deal?

Thanks for helping me out; I'm still just a little confused as to whether or not such a transaction could be treated the same as buying a gun from another person far away, with Summit as the "other person" and an FFL as the go-between/receiver of the gun in MA.

In other words, when you say they must go "thru" an MA dealer, do you mean that the dealer must be considered the buyer of the gun, in which case they would surely mark it up, or merely that they must serve as the go-between for the end purchaser (like me), in which case only a fee would be charged.

Hope I'm not being too confusing.

but I was wondering, can one not pay an MA dealer a transfer fee and get the gun from Summit for Summit's listed price + Summit's shipping + MA dealer fee? If you could, wouldn't it still be a great deal?

I did this last December when Mark first got these in. $505 in my possession, only came with 1 mag.

G27

I purchased a G27 a few months back. It's a great shooter, but had lots of holster wear, so I sent it back to Glock and had it refurbished and refinished for $45.00. Still a deal in Mass.

Summit also lists lots of inventory he has on gunbroker and often with a buy it now price. Check out the gunbroker link from his website and if the price is right, buy it and transfer it...no dealer mark up just a transfer fee.

Summit also lists lots of inventory he has on gunbroker and often with a buy it now price. Check out the gunbroker link from his website and if the price is right, buy it and transfer it...no dealer mark up just a transfer fee.

Where is that link?

I purchased a G27 a few months back. It's a great shooter, but had lots of holster wear, so I sent it back to Glock and had it refurbished and refinished for $45.00. Still a deal in Mass.
You guys are making me feel guilty paying $80 for mine :)

Back
Top Bottom