M60

yeah that is a pretty impressive clip. I have seen that before.

The M60 E4 is an improvement to the original "Pig" for sure. Any barrel that can take that is a good squad weapon. The Military is starting to phase the 60's out as time goes on. But you still see them here and there on the line.

GREAT gun. I am a fan of the original Pig M60 but that E4 is sweeeeeeet too!!![smile] If I had 40K I would buy a transferable one....

I would be in Divorce court before the transfer went through though.....[rofl]

Love the M60 old (my days) and new.
Standard issue used to be 2000 rounds and two barrels in the 60s.

Great comment from some absolute moron at the end of the video. Gee, a whole 200 degrees????

"after that the barrel has to be like 200 degres minimum "[rofl][rofl][rofl]

That barrel should of been glowing!! Fun times with the M60. A year or so into my 4year duty, they introduced to us the M240 Gulf, which sort of replaced the M60. Even better times with that pig

I have had the pleasure of shooting the M60 owned by Jim MCloud from Manchester Firing Line. And he made me shoot it from the shoulder !
Not that I wanted to, but it was outstanding to shoot. This was at one of the Londonderry F&G's monthly full auto shoots that they used to hold.

Sure cleaning it took a while but it got me off the guard point and in a tent for a shift at a time. I liked it. Shooting it was a lot of fun too.

Great video. I've seen it before too.

Is it just me, or does the guy talking during the video look just like the fast talker from the Mirco Machines comercials?[smile] Course he was talking too slow.[wink]

I loved Henrietta Hog...I loved cleaning her,

Henriettalookinsexy.jpg

toting her,

Yeah.jpg

and most of all feeding her....

Spittinlinks.jpg

I was a Hog Humper for a little over two years in the 101st Abn and the 2nd Infantry Division in Korea. It was the best GPMG we were issued at the time!

I had a couple buddies with me that were issued old school pigs as recently as 2003 in Iraq. A b!tch to tote around, but we used them primarily for convoy security. Between the M60’s and the MK-19 grenade launchers we were pretty well covered.

Some people were fans of the M249’s, but my personal feeling was that nothing puts bad guys heads under cover like the sound of the 60… well that and 40mm HE rounds detonating.

We never saw the M-240B’s so I don’t really know much about them.

I carried several weapons systems during my time. M-4, M-16, M-9 and M-11… even had an M-203 on my old M-16A2 for a couple years…. Now THAT was a fun time at the range!

Back
Top Bottom