M60 "Pig" goodness

mav

NES Member
Just thought I'd throw it out there for those who couldn't stop by Ephesian Arms today on their opening day. They had a full auto M60 in all it's 7.62x51 goodness out on display from the owner's personal collection. I've never lusted for a gun like I did for that "Pig"...

I must have forgot how much I hated carrying it 15 years ago...

lol, my cousin had to carry one in Vietnam, he hated it, he also weighed 135 lbs. Be cool to check out though.

Just thought I'd throw it out there for those who couldn't stop by Ephesian Arms today on their opening day. They had a full auto M60 in all it's 7.62x51 goodness out on display from the owner's personal collection. I've never lusted for a gun like I did for that "Pig"...

I must have forgot how much I hated carrying it 15 years ago...

I was drooling over it as well. I wasnt able to take a picture of it, My camera is messed up...

Not going to lie tho, Makes me want a beltfed

Sorry for not having any good pics. I was there at close with my kids and didn't have a chance to take one. Next time if it's still on the display...

Yes, fully transferable, though the price is about what you'd expect these days and that doesn't include keeping feeding it.

Last edited:
Always wanted a real M60.

I sadly would never, ever be able to afford a real one. (Fingers crossed for powerball)

I do have 3 AIRSOFT M60's, along with many, many other military props for events and reenactments.

m60_group_1.jpg

If you love the 60 you'll love the 240, and the smaller 249. Got thousands of rounds through those and I cherished every round

the fact that they have a pig to show off is negated by the fact that they used the papyrus font on an ad.

son of a career graphic designer/artist. can't help it. [laugh]

Always wanted a real M60.

I sadly would never, ever be able to afford a real one. (Fingers crossed for powerball)

I do have 3 AIRSOFT M60's, along with many, many other military props for events and reenactments.

m60_group_1.jpg

an airsoft m-60?? WHY in the world would anyone want one??? and where do I get one?

I realize I'm kind of old and probably don't remember things properly. However, one of the things I do remember was that the M60 was not a very good machine gun. The receivers cracked. This caused multiple feed malfunctions. Double feeds were common. I seem to remember pulling 3 or 4 cartridges out of a receiver during a firefight. The spare barrels were a joke. I felt for the grunts having to hump all that extra weight. Oh yeah, I forgot. Since the Army didn't teach proper use and tactics with the M60, most grunts didn't hump the extra barrel. Which means they didn't have to lug around the asbestos mitt either. And crosswiring the piston? Are you shitting me? Rumour has it that the 4th generation is actually a pretty good gun. Oh yeah. I forgot. Just as the M60 was coming into it's own, they replace the thing with the 240.

Back
Top Bottom