M4 Carbine Fairs Poorly in Dust Test

3) AK series weapons are great in all conditions. Problem is the weapon has the some of the worst ergonomics and sight setup that you can use on a combat rifle next to the G-3/HK-91 series. You can learn to work around that and put some good sights/optics on it but it still needs some help. Best thing about it is that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to keep one running. The best of the AK actions has been used in other weapons with better ergonomics but they don't make it to combat in that area to see how it would fair. Before everybody jumps on me, even the Israeli's use the M-16 more over one of the best AK variants ever made, the Galil. It's probably due to the US giving them a good supply but one of the complaints about the Galil was its weight. I don't know if the South African's had the same complaint or not ( R4 was a version of the Galil they got from Israel.)

I think the Finn's fixed many of the AK "issues" and even improved on the Galil.

http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0000/55.htm

IDF got M16's free of charge. Actually Sen. Ted Kennedy was involved in that if memory serves me correct.
The Galil is a tank-durability and weight. Mine was something like 9.5lbs. empty. That's ridiculous for a 5.56mm rifle. JSUK, they also had a very slow rate of fire when put on full auto. Mine was a semi auto only but I fired a number of selective fire models. Nothing to write a book over.
The RSA people that I met over the years did not like the R4 for the most part. They were old farts like me that still prefered the FN FAL or L1A1.
A common complaint with the Valmet M76 was it's propensity to break firing pins. I saw loads broken.
Anyway, just my 3 cents worth.

Back
Top Bottom