• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1a standard

So you have a new mistress. Congratulations she's going to be very expensive and demand a lot of your time. Once you've freed her from her captors ride off into the sunset. Never look back.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I will going to buy a nice m14 stock for it. I have a super match I just a nice one for plinking. I got a fair price for it. You how much Ruger Minnie 14 go for now. Plus I have a lot of pull down 148 gr bullets.

What's a fair price..
I'm still not sure what the price point is that will get me to shell of the cash for one.
Bought M14 parts kits to build my own then sold them.
Then tossed the idea of building a nice one with a LRB reciever and NM parts.?

$1410.00 with black stock Springfield. There's a company that make a nice one with forged rec. they go for $2000.00

yes aware of the nicer companies... i was looking at a rear lug machined in place scope rail reciever that was 1200$ M1a can get expensive quick especially if you want to deliver good accuracy consistently.
for shooting 147 grain pulls a SAI standard is good enough.

$1410.00 with black stock Springfield. There's a company that make a nice one with forged rec. they go for $2000.00

That's James River Armory, When I e-mailed them a few months ago they said they don't sell a MA version. When I responded saying that SA have been sold in MA for years I got no response back. I was going to follow up with a phone call but then decided I couldn't be bothered.

That's James River Armory, When I e-mailed them a few months ago they said they don't sell a MA version. When I responded saying that SA have been sold in MA for years I got no response back. I was going to follow up with a phone call but then decided I couldn't be bothered.

thats silly they make a "compliant" model with no flash hider or bayonet and a fixed 10 round magazine.

The Armory in wouborn is a authorized dealer try them ? Honestly though for 2k I think I would go with a fulton armory after that the price jumps even higher.

thats silly they make a "compliant" model with no flash hider or bayonet and a fixed 10 round magazine.

The Armory in wouborn is a authorized dealer try them ? Honestly though for 2k I think I would go with a fulton armory after that the price jumps even higher.

Yea I'm happy with my SA, it sports a "Freds M14 stocks" synthetic stock with the Vietnam era camo pattern on it, does what I need it to do. Unfortunately I have this affliction thanks to my Grandfather who always said if you really like something get two of em'!

Welcome to the club! They are fantastic to shoot.

I started with a cheap-o Archangel M14 stock just to feel something different - so far so good, easy install - now to get the seat time!

Fulton are nice but are still a cast reciever. The Jra is a Bula forge. I have put a barrel on each and although the Fulton is like a Cadillac the Bula is a Bentley

Fulton are nice but are still a cast reciever. The Jra is a Bula forge. I have put a barrel on each and although the Fulton is like a Cadillac the Bula is a Bentley

How is the end result between them. If you closed your eyes and all things where same could tell?
Also if you have any insight does JRA do as good a job at machining the bula forged as bula does?
I know choices are limited bula web site kinda sucks with very little description of their offerings?

How is the end result between them. If you closed your eyes and all things where same could tell?
Also if you have any insight does JRA do as good a job at machining the bula forged as bula does?
I know choices are limited bula web site kinda sucks with very little description of their offerings?

The JRA and Bula receivers are of the same quality. Other Bula components are now available through Jon Wolfe's company, www.shop.m-14parts.com.

The JRA and Bula receivers are of the same quality. Other Bula components are now available through Jon Wolfe's company, www.shop.m-14parts.com.

found that thank you.... as much i have a certain dislike for the M1a i have a desire to build a nice on.
I have seen to many SAI standard and loaded just not deliver decent accuracy to go down that road.
then you get into the super match and I start thinking what I could build myself for that money and be ahead? Its a expensive proposition by any means

My latest assemblage...
Bula receiver,bolt, bolt guts,Bula 19.250" barrel, op-rod and op-rod guide. The remainder is USGI. I'll replace all the USGI bits with Bula bits over time to have a mostly 'Bula' build.

I was ringing my 18" gong at 250 yards consistently, off hand, rapid fire, during its 'sea trials'.

Back
Top Bottom