M1A bipod

Anyone have any comments and or complaints on mounting a bipod on an M1A ? I like the idea of having one but the thoughts of relying on the thin wood of the stock are a little concerning. Maybe I’m over thinking the whole thing.

Sadlak makes a kit that uses the sling rivets and epoxy. Very expensive and seemed like more a PIA to me so I use a shooting bag. But if I were inclined to add one it would be Sadlak's product.

Most likely it will crack especially if you use the drain hole.
Best to use a mount that goes through the original sling loop rivets like the sadlak above. You can always reinforce the area with some devcon and fiber glass plies.?
Another option is a plastic stock like the archangel?

M2 bipod clamps to the gas cylinder. I dont have (yet) one but thats the one I would get when I feel like spending 200$
View attachment 448447
I might get that for full auto covering fire but im sure that would mess up your zero a bit and play a little havoc on accuracy?
You can save a good amount of money and just use your sling or a sand bag

I might get that for full auto covering fire but im sure that would mess up your zero a bit and play a little havoc on accuracy?
Yeah, I have a M2 and it looks good, and you are correct....

Is the purpose match shooting? Don't know. Anyone who wants real accuracy out of this platform should put it in a chassis. The options expand from there. I can't imagine any other bipod would be better/worse if attached to the stock or sling swivel, etc

I think any bipod attached to the stock would be better than hanging more shit on the barrel/gas system

Front of stock attached to barrel next to gas block. My reasoning anyway. None of it should be considered for true match accuracy
What match , 3 moa will clean the targets at the nationals? Not even sure if those chassis are match legal.
That said I was surprised how well my SA in a archangel stock shot with FGMM 175 gn ammo. I sold it to find other things but kept my Rock Ola build with LMR match barrel , walnut stock , purpose built for CMP games so no bedding or chassis systems

What match , 3 moa will clean the targets at the nationals? Not even sure if those chassis are match legal.
True, prob not legal. Im out of my element here because I don't know but I'm pretty sure you don't use a rest, bag or anything else in a national match. Sling only right? I guess i meant "match accuracy" without really thinking it through

True, prob not legal. Im out of my element here because I don't know but I'm pretty sure you don't use a rest, bag or anything else in a national match. Sling only right? I guess i meant "match accuracy" without really thinking it through
Right, I snuck down close to moa with the SAI NM and scoped , my Rock ola , LRB , GI parts build with so so reloads and irons when I can deliver is about 2.5 moa. Have not scoped that rifle yet.

Right, I snuck down close to moa with the SAI NM and scoped , my Rock ola , LRB , GI parts build with so so reloads and irons when I can deliver is about 2.5 moa. Have not scoped that rifle yet.
Awsome setup. I'm just plinking with my wood scout and some gi bolt parts. 100 yd steel targets, offhand,, is where it's at for me

Awsome setup. I'm just plinking with my wood scout and some gi bolt parts. 100 yd steel targets, offhand,, is where it's at for me
I need to get back to practicing off hand,
My off hand scores have suffered over the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom