• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bipods

Whoah.... just realizing what you wrote. Bipod and arca. Bring along a tripod and she can shoot any way she wants! Man Christmas will be fun this year.
if it is a hunting AR - then, think twice if you want a permanently attached bipod on it, as it will increase weight and size.
bipod will help if you shoot from a tall enough flat surface or prone. how often to you shoot prone on a hunt?

look in this thread, it was all about that topic:

also, if you have amazon you can try how it feels -
Amazon product ASIN B09SPZC23RView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SPZC23R

Last edited:
if it is a hunting AR - then, think twice if you want a permanently attached bipod on it, as it will increase weight and size.
bipod will help if you shoot from a tall enough flat surface or prone. how often to you shoot prone on a hunt?

also, if you have amazon you can try how it feels -
Amazon product ASIN B09SPZC23RView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SPZC23R
Lot of truth to what you are saying. We shot a bunch of animals this year, none prone. One was standing. All others were seated and off a pack, a tripod or a branch.

But bipod will come in handy at the range.

….

….

He started that tripod thread. 😉

I have a Harris & a Magpul. I like the Magpul better. It’s light and there are several mounting styles. Instead of the m lock bipod mount I bought a m lock swivel stud & then bought the magpul bipod that attaches to the swivel stud. This way I have the option of using a sling or the bipod.

you’ve already gotten a lot of good advice, only thing I can add is that bipod’s basically form a triangle which supports your rifle. Stability is dependent on where your rifle barrel sits with regards to the triangle. If your barrel is above the triangle that will be less stable, if your barrel is inside of the triangle that will be more stable. And shades of grey in between. This is why some of the fancier bipods have the legs set really wide; it makes the triangle bigger.

Whatever you do, I would make sure it has some sort of QD unless your are reallllly sure you don’t need it.

Atlas is really well built and has multiple positions. You can stow the legs backwards which is easier to get into a bag. Most models come with a good QD mount.

Harris is a dated design, but deploys quickly. Some guys still swear by it, for good reason.

Magpul is sorta ok. unlike the others it’s supposed to flex under load. I don’t love it but it works well enough.

I have a Harris & a Magpul. I like the Magpul better. It’s light and there are several mounting styles. Instead of the m lock bipod mount I bought a m lock swivel stud & then bought the magpul bipod that attaches to the swivel stud. This way I have the option of using a sling or the bipod.
If you go Magpul this is 100% the way to do it.

I had a Magpul mlok bipod and as it turns out there really isn’t a good way to make it detachable. Mlok-to-mlok QD adaptors don’t seem to be a thing.

I have this combo for my AR-10. Results is a quick connect/detach magpul bipod thats works well and is rather solid.
Amazon product ASIN B01DR5LW42View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DR5LW42

Amazon product ASIN B07DMBBXY5View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DMBBXY5

My issue with the straight mlok magpul bipod was it was not tool-less to attach/remove.
( I just looked at the prices at amazon, thats crazy. I paid less than $35 for that MLOK QD rail, shop around)
I have the same Magpul.
Check to see if you can attach it to a rail that has quick detach and attaches to your gun. I am sure something exists.

Edit: I Googled it, there are options.

Example below. Don't buy the cheap Amazon junk, pics provided for the example only.

SmartSelect_20231123_192221_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The magpul bipod sucks at everything short of being light.
Why does it s*ck?

The only complaint I have read about it, is that it has a tiny bit of play, which is literally nothing, it barely moves.

I bought one when I saw it on sale for $70 one day. I figured I would have it for the future.

Then I bought an Atlas with quick detach and it became my main bipod.

Why does it s*ck?

The only complaint I have read about it, is that it has a tiny bit of play, which is literally nothing, it barely moves.

I bought one when I saw it on sale for $70 one day. I figured I would have it for the future.

Then I bought an Atlas with quick detach and it became my main bipod.
Source; trust me bro.

It's fine for a casual, it's dildos for bro's that want to look the part. Don't be a gay hard bro.

I don’t want to shit on it if other people like it,but I agree. It feels like a toy compared to other bipods

IMO its decent for the $70-$100 price point. It's better than all of the chinesium on Amazon. Unlike other bipods it is supposed to flex when loaded and I think that really throws some people off. The mostly polymer design makes it look kinda crappy, but it's actually not a bad design.

I think Harris, Atlas, MDT, GG&G, etc all have better options, but they are all more expensive too.

If you have a quick detach you can use one bipod on multiple rifles, so I'd recommend just buying what you really want the first time.

Back
Top Bottom