• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on modern Springfield M1A's

RM1SPECIALRACKCMP Special Rack Grade (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a partially refurbished rifle with a refinished M1 receiver, new production criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver is the only part of the rifle that has been refinished. Remainder of the other parts have NOT been refinished.
Receiver will have heavy pitting above the wood line.
Available
$750
Free S/H

14-16 Week Delivery
Confirmation of order could take up to 8-12weeks

A lot cheaper than a M1A and way more history.
To bad CMP is not doing more of these in 308. Great shooter grade platform

OCSA is having its last CMP modern military match Nov 7
Bring your M14/M1a platform
10 ring is 3 moa so not hard to shoot a good score!
Come shoot…..

Bula Defense M14 - go forged receiver or go home .,.

When I worked at GE, a few of us went out shooting, and I once witnessed a ‘cast M1A receiver’ breaking and smacking the guy’s wife right in the head, almost killing her. The grain structure of the action look like a Nestlé’s crunch bar 😳 !
Bula rocks. Self built on Bula receiver. 10 shots iron sights at 100 yards.

XLqYAnM.jpg

OCSA is having its last CMP modern military match Nov 7
Bring your M14/M1a platform
10 ring is 3 moa so not hard to shoot a good score!
Come shoot…..
I'm torn what to bring. M14 cuz all the NES hate or the AR and dress like a tactical bro?

XLqYAnM.jpg

I'm torn what to bring. M14 cuz all the NES hate or the AR and dress like a tactical bro?
That's easy: M14 and dressed like tactical hobo!

(Now I want to build a M1A in 6.5CM...don't lie, you'll love it.)

That's easy: M14 and dressed like tactical hobo!

(Now I want to build a M1A in 6.5CM...don't lie, you'll love it.)
If 6.5 CM was OK for competition I'd be all over it. Otherwise I'm happy with 308, especially for iron sights.

I know there's that video with some dolt rolling around in the mud to somehow prove AR more reliable than M1 / M1A, but in general I say NFW. The complexity of the AR bolt and much weaker mainspring isn't going to power through assorted crap (maybe even your finger) like the M1 platform.

Also the turds who worship the AK gas piston vs AR direct impingement are usually the same ones who ridicule the M14 / M1A- which uses a gas piston and is more accurate than an AK by a wide margin.

1903, 1903A3, M1, M1 carbine, M14, M16A1, M16A2, M4

I should say main, or most popular lol. My M16's of course aren't nfa items, but repro lowers were attained with the correct markings and built as accurate as possible true to the original.

Not for nothing, but you need an M1917. We used more of those in combat in WWI than we did '03s.

Not for nothing, but you need an M1917. We used more of those in combat in WWI than we did '03s.
You sir are 100% correct.

Ill go in phases of gun interests. Half the year I might be geeking out over precision AR builds, then I'll be into milsurps, then it's tactical shotguns so on and so on.

I didn't really set out to collect US service rifles, just came across them and acquired them here and there until an M14 was missing.

Any military firearm I buy, ill buy everything I can for it, correct bayo, correct sling, cleaning kit, drag bag, whatever is available.

Went through a phase of 308 battle rifles. No Rome or reason to them, just guns that were cool when I was a kid in the 80s. I hunted forever for a nice FAL and landed a perfect inch pattern commonwealth rifle built on an Imbel reciever, correct in every way, then there's CETMES, polytechnic aks, mak90s, funny thing is, I like owning them more than I do shooting them. I'd be cool.if they hung up in a display really.

You sir are 100% correct.

Ill go in phases of gun interests. Half the year I might be geeking out over precision AR builds, then I'll be into milsurps, then it's tactical shotguns so on and so on.

I didn't really set out to collect US service rifles, just came across them and acquired them here and there until an M14 was missing.

Any military firearm I buy, ill buy everything I can for it, correct bayo, correct sling, cleaning kit, drag bag, whatever is available.

Went through a phase of 308 battle rifles. No Rome or reason to them, just guns that were cool when I was a kid in the 80s. I hunted forever for a nice FAL and landed a perfect inch pattern commonwealth rifle built on an Imbel reciever, correct in every way, then there's CETMES, polytechnic aks, mak90s, funny thing is, I like owning them more than I do shooting them. I'd be cool.if they hung up in a display really.

*tips my hat*

I agree with this entire post. Lol.

XLqYAnM.jpg

If you show up with any tactical gear that matches Im going to piss on your mat

One guy at our club, foreign born (guess where?) re-barreled a Garand to 6.5x55 Swede and another has one in 7x57mm, which is DARN CLOSE to the original '10-shot' en bloc clip loaded 276 Pederson cartridge that Mr. Garand originally designed it around! The larger 30-06 sized case cost those extra 2-rounds to the en bloc clip.

It hasn't been quite a year since the last post so I thought I'd toss this out there. Some of you may recall that I'm assembling an XM25 M14 (very slowly). Mitch got around to firing up his Parkerizing tank and just recently did the Obermeyer 5R barrel he had stowed away for 30 or so years. This barrel is going on rifle. The one Brookfield Precision Tool part I was looking for that eluding me was the gas piston. Yesterday I stopped by to drop off the op-rod I'm using so Mitch can align the guide on the barrel. He started digging around showing me odds and ends, original M1C scope mount, 2 new in wrap USGI stock sets from the early 60s rebuild program, one of his half dozen unfired Savage No.4 Mk1* rifles, etc. He then handed me this saying "you where looking for one of these, right"? It's a '2nd' because there's a slight, inconsequential, flaw in the TiN coating... but it's mine now! Sometimes it's the little things. He also gave me a clip of 1916 vintage 303 Brit Mk Vll with cupro-nickel pointy bits... you know, for those American werewolves... in London.
20220905_092927.jpg
303 1916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom