• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P 45...Man is it sweet

I still prefer the 40c in terms of fitting my hand, but the M&P 45 fits me MUCH better than a Glock in 45 or even a 1911.

M&P's fit ones hand almost as good as these jeans fit...

tight_jeans.gif

Last edited:
I just hope it has nothing to do with the real world trigger and SW will not have to put in that 10lbs trigger.

I just talked to the Ware gun shop and he said that it doesnt look good. No more info just that they're still being recalled and that they don't know why exactly. He said it doesnt look good twice though and he might have more info tomorrow.

Ok, so i just called SW and talked to a customer service guy. He said that all the customer service folks got a corporate email on tuesday regarding the MP45 and that item # 109107 (black with thumb safety) is a go in MA and he knows nothing about why gun shops aren't selling them or who told gun shops to "recall" them. WTF?

went to buy one tonight at 4 seasons- No go Smith/Wesson told them to stop selling them.

I talked to Carl at Four Seasons tonight. He was ready to start selling them this morning but recieved a call at 9:05 this morning from Smith and Wesson saying "Do not sell. We need to complete some technical details and paperwork with the AG." Carl says he has M&P45's piled like cord wood in his back room.

I talked to Carl at Four Seasons tonight. He was ready to start selling them this morning but recieved a call at 9:05 this morning from Smith and Wesson saying "Do not sell. We need to complete some technical details and paperwork with the AG." Carl says he has M&P45's piled like cord wood in his back room.

Well it's good to hear that he has plenty stacked up. I suppose it is unlikely this will be cleared up by the weekend - I would take a trip down there on Saturday to get one if the issue was resolved.

Did Carl say what he had stacked up out there? I am thinking one of the green bodied versions would be nice for a change - the other M&P's I have are all black bodied.

Let's hope this gets resolved by the weekend.

Yes, Mike Wheelock is da man. His shop is right across the street from the GOAL office.

That's the guy who beat the AG in court, right?

Sounds like it shouldn't be a big deal releasing the rest to the market very soon. I'm not going to buy right away as I've overextended myself and need to save some money to pay the bills, but it is within my 6 month plan. Definitely a green model.

That's the guy who beat the AG in court, right?

Sounds like it shouldn't be a big deal releasing the rest to the market very soon. I'm not going to buy right away as I've overextended myself and need to save some money to pay the bills, but it is within my 6 month plan. Definitely a green model.

Sounds like a rumor to me. Call Mike and ask.

There's some smaller dealer that claimed to have won in a local court case and ignores the AG regs. I'm not sure who it was. I'm probably wrong about it being Tite Group.

I was in a shop yesterday and asked about the M&P 45. The owner said even though it was on the EOPS list it was not on the AG list. I said that as far as I know there is no AG "list". He said "you don't have access to it only dealers do." At this point I decided to leave.

Bad News, I was told today by my "mole" inside S&W that the AG is demanding a 10 lbs. trigger. Obviously S&W said b/c it has a thumb safety it did not need the ridiculous trigger and started to sell them. I just don't see how the AG can justify this completely B.S. demand. What about 1911's?[rolleyes]

Onces again this state SUCKS.[frown][angry]

Last edited:
There's some smaller dealer that claimed to have won in a local court case and ignores the AG regs. I'm not sure who it was. I'm probably wrong about it being Tite Group.

I've heard rumors to this too, but I don't get it. If a dealer won such a ruling:

1. Why wouldn't he advertise the fact? He would be the busiest shop in the state.

2. Why wouldn't the same ruling apply to all other dealers?

Yeah no kidding, this is BS. I hope S&W is fighting it and won't roll over b/c not only will we miss-out on the better trigger but anyone who has already bought one will have to return it or their dealer could be fined.

Back
Top Bottom