M/N M44 trigger broke.

I got an M44 yesterday, and it looked great at first. The stock has a bit of wear, but the metal is all in great shape, and the numbers are all matching. It worked fine when I got it, but... I took the bolt out, cleaned the whole gun, and when I put the bolt back in, the trigger went all loose. Maybe the spring broke or the trigger got knocked out of wack, or whatever. But... with the trigger loose, the bolt won't come out of the gun! It gets stuck at the point where you're supposed to pull the trigger back to get it to pop out. And I can't get the gun apart to investigate, because the bolt blocks the rear screw to take the barrel out of the stock.

Anybody been in this sitation before? Anybody have any suggestions? I'm going to call the guy I bought it from on Monday and see if he'll take it back, but in the mean time I'd like to see if it's a issue I can resolve first.

Last edited:
With a little finesse, I managed to get the rear screw out even though the bolt was still in place and got the whole gun apart. The trigger pin was missing. A quick search of the floor around my workbench turned up the missing pin. So it's all back and working again. Boy, was I panicked there for a second!

Good to hear it was just a loose pin and that you found it. They are notorious for a sloppy fit and can fall out easy.
Nothing like the "Oh No!" when you think you're finished with an assembly.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom