• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC PIN number?

I never memorized my PIN. I put in my cell phone, but when I upgraded I lost some of my contacts. Yup, the one with the PIN.

My LTC was issued through Dedham. I called the secretary on a Thursday morning and it was ready to pick up that afternoon. So, a Bravo Zulu to Dedham!!

I have now scanned the PIN letter and emailed it to myself along with all the other recommendations given!

Is there anywhere else you can go to look up your PIN number other than the local police station?

Hopefully in your cell phone, listed under the name of your favorite gun shop. And no, you don't get to keep the same PIN when you renew your LTC.

Yeah, yeah... I put mine in my cell phone too. Was awesome until my 8 year old dropped it into the pool.

That's why I have stuff like that stored not only on my computer and flash drive but also on a online storage drive. Great way to keep copies of important documents,numbers,passwords etc. I also keep sentimental pictures on the online drive if for some reason they get lost/destroyed.

Yup have mine in the Cell Phone and PC, going to be using it for the first time this week. Of course if your license has your picture a thumb print your license number what do you need the pin number for. I think just another way to make it more difficult to buy guns

Thank You Kevlar.
But seriously If I have a license both Firearms and Driver to prove who I am...why a number, every time I renew I fill out the same old forms. When I went thru my renewal in the town I moved to they wanted to do old ink and digital which I had no problem with but now a number. I see a number of people lose them but really. I realize it is just more red tape to justify someones job lol. Now I need to rejoin a gun club.

Is there anywhere else you can go to look up your PIN number other than the local police station?

Just stopped by my local PD because I lost mine. These guys are pretty friendly - in & out in less than 10 min. Left with a handshake & a smile.

I was thinking of different areas on my body that I might tattoo the PIN.

But then I just memorized the damn thing in the process. [thinking]

Pretty sure the PIN changes when you renew, so that might not be a good option [laugh2]

This was the letter I received from my local Police Dept. Looks like you'll have to go there seeing that's probably the only option. They may issue you a new number also.
scan0003-1-1_zpsb26e7ca6.jpg

Thank You Kevlar.
But seriously If I have a license both Firearms and Driver to prove who I am...why a number, every time I renew I fill out the same old forms. When I went thru my renewal in the town I moved to they wanted to do old ink and digital which I had no problem with but now a number. I see a number of people lose them but really. I realize it is just more red tape to justify someones job lol. Now I need to rejoin a gun club.

Pretty sure that number is to expedite the store calling in all the info that's on those two cards.

From the state website:

You can now retrieve the PIN number for your active license to carry (LTC), firearms
identification (FID) card, or machine gun license through the DCJIS by calling (617) 660-4722
during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The following information is required:
 Name
 Date of birth
 Active LTC, FID card, or machine gun license number
 Driver’s license number (for identity verification)
Questions other than retrieving the PIN number should be directed to the FRB at (617) 660-4782.

From the state website:

You can now retrieve the PIN number for your active license to carry (LTC), firearms
identification (FID) card, or machine gun license through the DCJIS by calling (617) 660-4722
during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
 Name
 Date of birth
Questions other than retrieving the PIN number should be directed to the FRB at (617) 660-4782.

Try it!!!

I called that number for 2 weeks and left my phone number.

And she never called back!!!

Fred

Try it!!!

I called that number for 2 weeks and left my phone number.

And she never called back!!!

Fred

But it's a state website? They have to call back. Are you saying that sometimes a state run program regarding firearms licensing may sometimes not be efficient? But Uncle Barry wants me to register all of my scary rifles. I am sure that will be convenient and go smoothly. Especially when I am waiting for permission to take my legally owned rifle across state lines.

Seriously though, I haven't tried it. I put my pin in my phone the day I got my LTC.

From the state website:

 Name
 Date of birth

called the number, I got a state police lts. voice mail. called back the next day ,a friendly guy retrieved my pin in 3 minutes.[grin]
(it was on dec 24,so I figured a civilian would be covering the phone!)

called the number, I got a state police lts. voice mail. called back the next day ,a friendly guy retrieved my pin in 3 minutes.[grin]
(it was on dec 24,so I figured a civilian would be covering the phone!)

That is the time frame I called!!! For 2 weeks, then got voice mail- full.Still waiting for my call back.

Fred

Just stopped by my local PD because I lost mine. These guys are pretty friendly - in & out in less than 10 min. Left with a handshake & a smile.

Pretty sure the PIN changes when you renew, so that might not be a good option [laugh2]

It does.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

The number worked for me...I just called it! Gave Chris the info, and he gave me my PIN in less than 1 minute!

Back
Top Bottom