LTC PIN number?

Is there anywhere else you can go to look up your PIN number other than the local police station?

Last edited:
This doesn't solve your problem, but, I have written my PIN on another card I carry with a sharpie (scotch tape over it). That way it is always with me. My LTC doesn't even have my fingerprint on it because they couldn't get a good enough print at the Police station. This is my second LTC this way.

I hope you get it, but I wouldn't have any Idea how.

I think you'd be SOL until you can request it from your PD. I keep my PIN stored as a memo in my cell phone, just in case.

Is there anywhere else you can go to look up your PIN number other than the local police station?
Store is as the phone number for the name GUNS in your cell phone. (Carl suggested storing it under Four Seasons :) )

So, you lose your LTC with the pin on it. The picture is still on the card, and the thief won't match the picture.

My PIN is just written on a different card that is always in my wallet where it wouldn't have any meaning to any one who may come to posses my wallet.

You put a heck of a lot of faith in your local FFLs...

Amen.
Sometimes I've got two or three customers waiting, trying to do all the stupid paperwork, operate the computer, call the NICS, while everybody in the store is talking and shouting at the top of their lungs.

Do you REALLY think I'm going to take a hard look at the picture and compare? Half the time you can't recognize them anyway.

DO NOT put your pin on the LTC

I have mine written on my LTC, but not in the exact order it's supposed to be. Transpose one number and it should keep the bad guy guessing.

Well, all good suggestons! I guess trusting in the fingerprint machine working was pretty foolish on my part.

I guess trusting in the fingerprint machine working was pretty foolish on my part.

I think it depends upon how well your fingerprint was taken. I've never once had the fingerprint reader fail on me in the seven or eight times I've purchased a gun from a MA dealer. But I've got a buddy who has never once had the print reader identify him correctly.

I have my pin on a seperate card. However when making an ammo purchase today in the Wareham Wally World they did not ask for it. They never have.

You wouldn't need the PIN for buying ammo. It's just a backup method of authentication for firearms purchases if the fingerprint scanner doesn't work. I've never needed mine...yet. It does usually take about a dozen tries before the scanner reads my print, though.

LTC PIN number

Never got # form PD on last renewal & as my prints are hard to read, was a real problem when usingMIRCS @ dealer. Called CHRB & was told only PD can provide. Went to PD on a quiet day & officer at desk "tickled" the computer & had in 30 seconds- it`s easy if they want to do it!

Wouldn't it be great if there were more answers to your question rather than a whole bunch of people telling where they keep the pin?
Maybe these guys can let you borrow their time machines so that the information provided will be useful.
Sorry....I am also a dummy seeking my pin that I misplaced (frustration).

Wouldn't it be great if there were more answers to your question rather than a whole bunch of people telling where they keep the pin?
Maybe these guys can let you borrow their time machines so that the information provided will be useful.

Welcome to the forum?

The answer is you have to call your local PD

Remember that, if you're buying a firearm and need your PIN, your fingerprint has already failed.

I would echo, the comments re not putting your PIN on your LTC.

My husband lost his PIN and when he went to the station house, he got a new one issued. I'm not sure they can access what your old one was.

i keep mine on my card. Took a while to get a reply from my issuing authority to get the number from them when I lost it when was written down elsewhere. was unable to scan my print(s) so pin is only way I can go. unlikely anyone can use it so I dont care.

Back
Top Bottom