LTC Overdue - Should I Call?

ghz

Hi,

When I applied for my LTC in Needham, the officer said it would take 5 weeks. It's been a few days over 5 weeks now. Would I be too impatient to call/visit them and inquire about the delay?

Thanks,

-G

I'd call once a week from now on and inquire politely whether it has come in. Most likely, it's been sitting on their desk for a couple of weeks already and they're just deciding on when they'll give it to you.

In many towns, they have it and just don't call you. Don't know if Needham is one.

BINGO.

Give it a few extra days. Thats what I did then I stopped by the station.

I told the LT that I pass the station every day and I had just remembered that the license was supposed to be in a week ago. I asked if there was anything I did wrong because I havent heard from anyone.

I think it was the way I asked, the LT started making calls and looking through his paper work. He spent the time to give me an update as I waited. It was actually on it's way and the LT said the station would have it in 2-3 days and not to bother wasting my time waiting for it to be mailed. The LT told me just to drop by at the end of the week. Pretty cool guy but now I'm going to feel weird asking him to lift my "target/hunting" restriction on my class A. It's pretty annoying.

A friend of mine got a call from Needham PD when his LTC came in. They were pretty much on schedule. I wouldn't be afraid to inquire.

It took mine about three months... Most departments are very backlogged right now due to the high number of applications.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a few more days and then I'll either call/drop-by/email.

-G

The Lt. who handled my application told me "It you don't hear from me in 4 weeks give me a call". They don't mail out their licenses which isn't a problem. It was nice to know that he was standing by the timeline to some extent and doesn't mind getting calls. He admitted that sometimes they can get misplaced/buried so a phone call after the point in which they should be in normally turns them up in those cases. 2 weeks down, 2 weeks to go.

Personally I'd go with the impression you got from the LO. If they seemed good natured and somewhat easy going you can probably safely give them a call right around the time it's due in. If they seemed a bit rough around the edges and impatient, you probably want to wait at least an extra week ;)

I sent an email and got a reply. The officer told me that the application was approved but he's waiting for MA to mail it back. Does that usually take long? I know they processed my check a few days after I applied, but I don't know if that means anything. Is there a way to speed up the process?

Thanks,

-G

I sent an email and got a reply. The officer told me that the application was approved but he's waiting for MA to mail it back. Does that usually take long? I know they processed my check a few days after I applied, but I don't know if that means anything. Is there a way to speed up the process?

Thanks,

-G

It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months, mostly dependant on your local pd.

The check being cashed has absolutely nothing to do with it. It took 9 weeks to get my LTC, and the check wasn't cashed for about another 3 weeks after that.

There is really no way to speed up the process.

So if the local PD says that they are waiting on the state, then is it safe to say that it shouldn't be long (assuming the local PD usually takes the most time)?

-G

Took about 6 weeks for me to get an LTC A restricted in North Andover.

Mysteriously when I called the PD right after the 6 weeks mark, he tells me oh your LTC came yesterday hmmmmm.

The same officers who are so adamant to tell me that there is 0 chance for me unless its work related for me to get an unrestricted because that's their policy.

Who the hell gave them this kind of power to choose who should get an unrestricted LTC A???/

Seriously nothing happens in N Andover well we are close to Lawrence so i guess that should be one reason to help us protect ourselves [devil]

Back
Top Bottom