• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC in Boston

Ok -

Before this thread gets deleted, let me explain my question, which I'll 99% sure I already know the answer to, I just want some affirmation from people that have dealt with it recently.

A friend of mine lives in South Boston. Her legal address at the moment is in NH. I know - just leave that alone.

Anyway, she seems to think that they only issue FIDs for Boston residents. My theory on this is that they will give her an LTC loaded with restrictions. I'm not sure if things have changed at all in Boston or not. And yes, I know that legally they have to give her an LTC unless there is some sort of disqualification, which I'm sure there isn't her case. I also know that she has to jump through a thousand hoops to get an LTC.

I realize this is a somewhat stupid post, but I just wanted to be sure before I go back to her with an answer. What I told her was that if they don't give her an LTC, I know people that will give her free legal help to get it (i.e. Comm 2A, etc).

Thoughts?

Your question is a little all over the place.

If she changes her legal address to Boston and applies at the Boston PD, she will most likely receive a restricted LTC. If she maintains her legal address in NH, she can apply for a non-resident LTC at EOPS.

Your question is a little all over the place.

If she changes her legal address to Boston and applies at the Boston PD, she will most likely receive a restricted LTC. If she maintains her legal address in NH, she can apply for a non-resident LTC at EOPS.

and when she reports a gun stolen from her Southie address, while holding papers on the NH address, she's going to jail.

If she is a student they may give her a hard time at Boston PD and tell her to get a NR LTC thru FRB. She's more likely to get an unrestricted LTC thru FRB than thru Boston PD.

Boston normally will issue a restricted LTC-A that won't allow her to CCW, just to go target shooting.

She has to do the Moon Island test and provide all sorts of "proof" but their process is rather straight-forward (I think info is on BPD website).

She will have to take the moon island test, but the only proof of residency now needed is your DL or state ID. I think Boston PD finally realized that people wouldn't fake Boston residency to get a restricted LTC.

She will have to take the moon island test, but the only proof of residency now needed is your DL or state ID. I think Boston PD finally realized that people wouldn't fake Boston residency to get a restricted LTC.

I'm surprised they became so lenient in proving residency.

I'm surprised they became so lenient in proving residency.
It would always be a pain for me to renew. I would never bring the right utility bill and always have to make a trip to city hall to get a voter registration letter. One time I showed up with every utility bill possible in my name and they told me you don't need those any more.

BTW, my daughter's LTC, now at 74 days after application, is stuck in limbo between the FRB and Boston PD. FRB issued the license to BPD on March 10. She still has not had a response to her unrestricted request.

My daughter received her LTC in the mail today from Boston. Restricted to Target and Hunting. No explanation why it was restricted even though it was requested in the letter she sent.

Back
Top Bottom