• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lower Cost Knife Recommendation

This would have made a great thread in the "Knives" Forum.

You want a Leatherman Wave. Costs $85-100 but it’s the best value out there for preparedness. I never leave the house without it, definitely never travel without it. Now on my fourth after losing one in Switzerland and one in Puerto Rico, then beating one so ugly it now lives in my car. Useful on most days and saves the day once every couple months.

CE891AA6-8066-4343-9ED5-A3FAAF9E1DA2.jpeg ABBDED10-E873-4FD0-90B6-FAA8475B4B5B.jpeg

Last edited:
Another vote for the RAT II. Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but it uses AUS 8 for the blade. I like it because overall the knife is very thin, and the blade is well centered and smooth to deploy. Great quality for a $25 knife. I bounce between the RAT II and a Benchmade Griptilian with a 154cm blade. I like the RAT II just as much, and it costs 4x less.

Get yourself a Glock Field Knife.

iu

Under $30 and ships free from midwayusa.com

Last edited:
I've got st least 30 cheap single blade Ozark trail from walmart,, usually 3-5 bucks, every so often the go on clearance from.97 to 1.97.
They really aren't that bad

If you want a cheap fixed blade, get a Morakniv. They are awesome.

Actually, even if you aren't interested in a cheap fixed blade, get one anyways. If you are, get two.

Back
Top Bottom