Looks like London was hit again...

Just heard on a link to BBC that the devices did not go off as were designed (I don't know who was reporting), that there are few injuries, and that someone (maybe more than one) was tackled and that armed police are at the hospital - they're thinking it might mean one of the A-holes was captured.

Though I don't really understand- why London? Am I missing something?

Yes they're part of the "allied forces" in Iraq, sort of, but other than that, when did they become power players in the "Who's Who of Who needs to be attacked by Al Qaida"? I'd think they have bigger fishes to fry. Unless they're just cheap, lazy, pathetic bastards...

Oh wait. I get it.

Ya know...I was thinking about how the bombs really didn't go off well. Is it possible that they were testing either London's response, or, testing detonators for a dirty bomb? I find it really hard to believe that they screwed up on all of them.

I wonder if it's possible that it's the media, trying to point out that only 2 weeks after being attacked London's defenses aren't up to snuff yet/still...
Or am I giving the media too much credit [roll]

SiameseRat said:
I wonder if it's possible that it's the media, trying to point out that only 2 weeks after being attacked London's defenses aren't up to snuff yet/still...
Or am I giving the media too much credit [roll]

Well...giving them too much credit is possible, but then again, I've been in London and there's a TON of people. They have a major league rail & bus system that carries major league numbers of people...it's kind of hard to make it completely safe. (And for those who complain about Boston drivers...lemme tell ya, they can't hold a candle to those crazy, but loveable Brits) They only way they could guarentee protection is to search everyone before they board any train or bus. Can't be done.

I was thinking they might have been testing response time.

Most anywhere you go in europe you either travel by train,subway,or bus. England is mostly likely getting hit because of association. They have ALWAYS been one of our strongest Allies.

MrsWildweasel said:
Most anywhere you go in europe you either travel by train,subway,or bus. England is mostly likely getting hit because of association. They have ALWAYS been one of our strongest Allies.

I heard an analyst this morning - he said he thought that the BG's are getting smarter as to whom to attack. If they attack here, we get really po'd and support the President 1000% - attacking our allies, they get people pulling out. Italy did after the first one in England two weeks ago. Spain as well after their attack. He might be on to something. Although I still think they're going to hit here, they may be trying to whittle down the support numbers first. I dunno....

I'd just like to see them attack the tiny little town of Ripton, VT on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. My biker friends and I would have a ball. Usually we shoot up about 2500 or more rounds in 3 to 5 hours. Mostly handguns and Battle Rifles/CQB Carbines.

Or, they could attack Eden, VT on Memorial Day. That would be better, but Forensics would go crazy trying to identify the residue (of the BG's).

It's a matter of time before they hit here again,I really don't think they'd want to hit a small town. Setting a bunch of rednecks loose,wouldn't be pretty.

MrsWildweasel said:
It's a matter of time before they hit here again,I really don't think they'd want to hit a small town. Setting a bunch of rednecks loose,wouldn't be pretty.

Eff'ing A, Bubba! [wink]

The biggest problem is once they hit, they're dead. Nothing really to do but respond to the carnage. You've got to find and cap these bastards before they can detonate.

And that right there is the problem. Finding them. Although in the small towns like here they would stand out like a sore thumb.

MrsWildweasel said:
And that right there is the problem. Finding them. Although in the small towns like here they would stand out like a sore thumb.

Remember the cell they found in New York state? (I'm having a brain cramp right now - can't remember the name of the town) My uncle lives in Jamestown and I've passed through where they were living on numerous occaisions to go to J-town...it's NOT a large city by any stretch of the imagination.

When you live in a small enough town where there are no other races other than white,you'd stand out something aweful here.

Lynne said:
Remember the cell they found in New York state? (I'm having a brain cramp right now - can't remember the name of the town) My uncle lives in Jamestown and I've passed through where they were living on numerous occaisions to go to J-town...it's NOT a large city by any stretch of the imagination.

They found one out by Buffalo, it made the LOCAL news up here.

Nickle said:
Lynne said:

They found one out by Buffalo, it made the LOCAL news up here.

That's the one I'm talking about, but they weren't in Buffalo - it was a 'burb. I HATE brain cramps....

They certainly won't hit either town I mentioned, but I can always wish.

Rednecks wouldn't be their problem in Ripton. I'm no redneck, and most of the bikers aren't either, they're from NY, Mass and Conn mostly.

And in Eden, most of the Full Auto shooters were either from out of state or had a fair amount of money (or both). Rednecks up here usually don't have much money to buy the "nicer" toys. [lol]

The rednecks here are farmers or ex-mil. Makes for an interesting make up. Not to mention all those old wells around here that jeez don't know what happend. They just disappeared. [wink]

I'm as puzzled as SR about why they hit London... doesn't make sense. You miight be able to scare the French and Spanish off, and you'll get the American Liberals wetting their pants if you attack France, Spain and the US (respectively), but London is the city that endured HITLER's worst.

It's just gonna piss 'em off and make 'em mad. Stupid. My south London-born coworker called me earlier from Canada (he's on vaca) to gloat that the bobbies capped one of the terrorists - I believe his words were "the war has begun."

I don't see the Brits being scared off - if anything, they're going to turn the SAS loose and start arming bobbies. (well, looks like they already started that.)

Ross

After 9/11 (when I was working as security), I was site supervisor for a trucking company that only handled DOD contracts. (Man, they had some neat things coming in to the plant...wished I could have played with some of them) Anywho...the plant itself was off of Rte 3 in Billerica, but to get to it, you either had to know where it was, or follow one of the trucks. One day while I was on the front gate, a truck came in and as soon as it cleared the gate, I hit the close button (it was electric). I looked up the driveway and saw a green SUV sitting there. The was absolutely no reason for it to be stopped where it was, so I radioed the other guard that was on with me and told him there was a suspicious car, so keep his ears open. I then called in side the plant to find out if they were expecting anyone for an appointment. They said no.

It sat there for a good 3 or 4 minutes, then slowly started coming down the drive. I undid the strap on my holster and just rested my hand on the butt of the gun. There was a parking lot for employees off to the left of the gate entrance and he must have seen me undoing the strap, because he quickly pulled in and swung the SUV around. As he was turning, I got a pretty good look at the driver. Dark hair, beard and olive colored skin. He peeled out of the drive and sped off back towards the main road.

I got a partial plate number and called the police. They took the info, but I never heard anything more about it. To say I had an adreneline rush would be accurate.

From working with the Brits in the military,I can say they are an interesting bunch. It won't scare the Brits off at all,but like I said they have ALWAYS been our strongest ally,so it is probably because of association with us.

Just announced...they've made an arrest in London. Don't know if it's one of the 4 they were talking about this morning during the press conference or not.

Back
Top Bottom