Looking to buy a Remington tactical shotgun

I have been wanting to buy a tactical type shotgun for a while anyway - and as I was driving home tonite I got to thinking that maybe a nice Remington tactical 870 or 1100 would be a good addition to my gun safe.

I will name this my "screw you Zumbo" gun in honor of the now infamous so called gun writer Jim Zumbo.

So does anybody have any recommendations on these? I did some searching thru Google and could not find much info on pricing etc. I like the version with the adjustable buttstock - is this legal in MA if it is pinned in place - like the AR collapsible buttstocks are?

You're a week late,I just sold a 870 Tactical for $300 in the WTS forum.[wink]

Expect to pay around $425 new,obviously less for used.Collectors in Stoneham has one upsatairs for $419(not entirely sure about price)

Collapsible stock is cool because the weapon doesn't have any of the other so-called evil features like FH,magazine,semi-auto etc..

Since it's a pumpgun, it wouldn't meet the def of a assault weapon even if you put a flash hider, bayonet lug, and pistol grip folding stock on it...

They have a crazy looking one at Northeast Trading. I think it's a Mossberg 500, but might be a remington [thinking] It has this lock blaster at the end of the barrel that is quite mean looking. [devil2]
I can check on the brand next time I am in there if you would like.

I like the Mossberg 500 with the 9 shot tube bayo lug and heat shield, and add a speedfeed stock, maybe a tac light, laser, and a nice 10 inch serrated bayonet and you have one hell of an intimidating firearm. Collapsible stock on a shotgun doesn't do it for me, though.

Which is why you want a Remington 1100 or 11-87 semi auto. What I did was pick one up at a local gunshow cheap because the wood was in bad shape. (Knowing full well, I was just going to replace both of the stocks [smile] )
I also went for the SpeedFeed stock and added a Tac-Star mag tube and six shot side-saddle. A Dave's Metal Works (DMW) E-Z loader is mandatory and is not too hard to fit if you follow the instruction carefully. Makes for a fun gun. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom