• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for nice Starter 12G shotgun

Well, the OP never said what he wanted it for so I threw that out there. I got my Saiga specifically for 3-gun shooting in USPSA. It is 100% reliable and a blast to shoot. I imagine they are good for home defense or hunting (slug). There are guys on the Siaga forum that say they bring them to the trap and skeet fields but I believe in the right gun for the job, and while the I love my Saiga for run-n-gun stuff, it isn't for skeet or trap. Something with a vent rib is what you want. I use a Beretta 391 or an 1187 for those games.

As far as being "too much for you", birdshot loads used in skeet and trap are pretty light in recoil.

If you want one shotgun to do a lot of stuff well, a 1100/1187 can do it.

Well, the OP never said what he wanted it for so I threw that out there. I got my Saiga specifically for 3-gun shooting in USPSA. It is 100% reliable and a blast to shoot. I imagine they are good for home defense or hunting (slug). There are guys on the Siaga forum that say they bring them to the trap and skeet fields but I believe in the right gun for the job, and while the I love my Saiga for run-n-gun stuff, it isn't for skeet or trap. Something with a vent rib is what you want. I use a Beretta 391 or an 1187 for those games.

As far as being "too much for you", birdshot loads used in skeet and trap are pretty light in recoil.

If you want one shotgun to do a lot of stuff well, a 1100/1187 can do it.

yeah i ended up using bird shot and some slugs. the slugs had a little more punch. I have no complaint it hits metal targets at 100 yards + without trying to hard to aim.

Back
Top Bottom