looking for my first.

damn my wife already hates you. deal. which model.....

where do you live? you could try mine first. i would like to find a glock that fits well. thats always been a problem for my big hands.

I am getting married in 3 weeks if I buy a gun now my soon to be wife would walk out...wait... new gun or new wife?

for a first shotgun i went cheap and took a drive up to 'kittery trading post'. they have/had racks and racks of shotguns that you could check out and the prices where half decent. You can buy long guns out of state no problem, but handguns are a major no-no (though they could ship to a FFL in mass but after shipping and the ffl transfer fees its prob not going to be any cheaper)

damn my wife already hates you. deal. which model.....

where do you live? you could try mine first. i would like to find a glock that fits well. thats always been a problem for my big hands.
I too, suffer from manhands. And my G30 fits like a glove. In terms of which fits better its a toss up between it and my Beretta 92A1 with Hogue grips.

In response to OP, Rem 887s are sexy if youre into flat black and tacticool.

I too, suffer from manhands. And my G30 fits like a glove. In terms of which fits better its a toss up between it and my Beretta 92A1 with Hogue grips.

In response to OP, Rem 887s are sexy if youre into flat black and tacticool.

my 92 fits ok but is still a bit small. do the grips help?

Sorry I failed to read all 6 pages.

But slack and slop in a guns action is for reliability. A bit of grit won't lock it up that way.

My beat to hell Mossberg 500 is kind of rattly. And not at all cutting edge. And very very trustworthy.

I believe the whole super tight tolerance 1911 thing came around to make them more accurate for competitors. They have different criteria than soldiers and armed citizens. Less tight , more reliable.

Even a well used 1943 USGI 1911 will hit a guy reliably at 50 yards.

It doesn't really matter what 1911 you get under the 1k range. they are basically all the same. Over a $1K, I would find a STI trojan or Dan Wesson.

Shotgun I would look at a benelli Super nova then an 870, if you don't like either of those. I would get bat or a sharpened stick before a Mossberg 500

Back
Top Bottom