• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for any CMP experiences...

I had a great experience with them. I ordered 5 months before I deployed, and said I'd only be able to order the rifle if I knew I would get it before I left (and wouldn't be able to sign for it). I gave them 5 months notice, they OVERNIGHTED me the rifle, I got it in about a week after sending in my paperwork. I didn't ask for that at all or really need it for that matter. Incredible service. I own some nice guns, my service grade garand from CMP is my and all my friends favorite. Mine came with a new stock, so I opted to refinish it and it looks great. I am tempted to order a couple more just for an investment after talking to people who bought garands in the 80s from them for about 100 a pop.

Mike

I've bought several rifles and lots of ammo from CMP. My experience has been uniformly excellent.

Their customer service is awesome...it's even better if you can get to either the Camp Perry or Anniston stores. The armorers will work with you on the spot to ensure that you get the rifle you want.

Thanks to everyone for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
What the hell is there to be reluctant about? CMP is the MOST reputable mail order sales outfit in the country.

Last edited:
I was thinking of making a side trip to their retail store in Ohio when I head out west to Missouri for a family visit in September. Seems like it would be a great side trip, and really not much out of the way.

~SW

Is it the case that you do not need an FFL dealer to ship the rifle to? They just mail it to your house? I'm relatively new to this, but if that's the case, kickass!

Yes, that is the case. Per Act of Congress, they do the background check on you and ship direct.

You do an FA-10 Registration when you receive the gun.

Back
Top Bottom