Looking for an M1 Garand for Christmas

I’m having trouble finding a reliable source for these in 30-06. I’m looking for one in good condition , a decent trigger, and a reasonable price. Thanks.

And yes, I’m still alive [wink]

Garand triggers are inherently decent. I've yet to tug on one that compared to a Mosin trigger or even a M1917. If you are patient, you can do a very nice trigger job with diamond EZE-Lap stones for less than $20.

+1 for CMP. Otherwise, find some listed here and as mac mentions make some offers. I saw a few at Cabelas in the gun library but they want stupid prices- $1500 to $1900, and the $1500 had bubba-job butt pads installed.

Garand triggers are inherently decent. I've yet to tug on one that compared to a Mosin trigger or even a M1917. If you are patient, you can do a very nice trigger job with diamond EZE-Lap stones for less than $20.

+1 for CMP. Otherwise, find some listed here and as mac mentions make some offers. I saw a few at Cabelas in the gun library but they want stupid prices- $1500 to $1900, and the $1500 had bubba-job butt pads installed.
you have been lucky to not had a boad trigger yet.

you have been lucky to not had a boad trigger yet.

None have been what I would consider bad. Even with trigger jobs, none as good as my 1903 NM nor a K31; but even the worst has been way better than ones I don't like at all (Russian Mosins, the 513T, Luger pistol, M1917, stock AR's, others...).

Franco's trigger job is best, but I'm happy with my work on the Bula M14, the .308 M1, and even the recent Winchester M1. I'll continue to 'roll my own' in the future.

yeah boad , what of it :oops: I often respond with out my reading glasses and this spell check and pre word selection thing makes for some good mistakes

None have been what I would consider bad. Even with trigger jobs, none as good as my 1903 NM nor a K31; but even the worst has been way better than ones I don't like at all (Russian Mosins, the 513T, Luger pistol, M1917, stock AR's, others...).

Franco's trigger job is best, but I'm happy with my work on the Bula M14, the .308 M1, and even the recent Winchester M1. I'll continue to 'roll my own' in the future.
the 513 will teach you good trigger control:eek:

SGs currently have a 5-6 month backorder, so if the OP wants it sooner he’ll need to find another source or get something else from the CMP.

SGs currently have a 5-6 month backorder, so if the OP wants it sooner he’ll need to find another source or get something else from the CMP.

in that case just peruse the Garand forum over on the CMP forum, there's plenty for sale there every day for reasonable money.

RM1SERVICE M1 Garand, Luck of the draw for Springfield or Harrington & Richardson manufacturer. Orders will be filled with next available Service grade rifle. See above for Service Grade description. Rifle shipped in CMP hard rifle case.
$730.00
Free Shipping

Where do you see 5-6 mo?

If you follow the cmp forums you will see the current wait times people list. Drop in a order Monday stuff a M1 enbloc in your stocking and enjoy Xmas morning knowing you have one on the way

Where do you see 5-6 mo?

Yeah I wasn’t aware of this. Usually CMP will state the estimated processing/shipping time on the Garand sales page - if there’s a major delay. But then again I’ve havent been following the CMP forum.

I have waited 11months and as fast as 15 days.
Not a M1 but mailed in order for a 853 on a Friday and it arrived the following Thursday

Road trip to the Alabama or Ohio CMP stores? You have to be set up w/ the CMP ahead of time but it's an easy way to pick and choose. If you had to have one now, it's just a matter of paying that premium- I'd say minimum $300 more. A little patience (or a long drive) gets you one for $730.

Road trip to the Alabama or Ohio CMP stores? You have to be set up w/ the CMP ahead of time but it's an easy way to pick and choose. If you had to have one now, it's just a matter of paying that premium- I'd say minimum $300 more. A little patience (or a long drive) gets you one for $730.
Funny if dealers marked up as much as some of these sellers they would be nominated by NES to be banned.

There were two typical mixmaster M1's at Cabelas- average condition except that the butts had been (roughly) cut to tack on pretty ugly recoil pads. Before I would wonder who the hell does that to an M1 and why, I noticed the ~$1500 (maybe a little less) price tag. I think one of the M1's they had for sale was $1900. Will be for a separate post, but I think Cabelas has found Captain Snake Oil to supervise the gun library now. I've found a couple decent deals a year or two ago but lately prices are ridiculous.

Recent reports on the CMP forums are that buyers of SA/HRA SGs have been notified to expect a 5-6 month wait and are given to option to buy WRA, IHC, or FGs instead. They are still listed on the website because they do have the rifles in stock, they are just not ready for shipment right now.

Unless your looking for something specific and it must have GI wood cmp would be good.
Get your oder into cmp before the price increases.
Service grade for a nice rifle
Field grade to save $100 and have GI wood
Special if you want as close to new you can get for under $5k

Then that leaves you some money for ammo,sling,bayonet or some spare parts
I buy a complete bolt and spring kit from orion7 with each M1 I buy.

Back
Top Bottom