Looking for a single handgun metal case - Any recommendations on where to get one?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
My father is 71 years old and has never owned a semi auto handgun. For Christmas I'm going to give him the Bulgarian Mak I picked up at Zenks last weekend. He's shot my East German Mak and loved it so I figure this will be a great gift for him.

Anyway, I want to wrap it on one of those metal handgun cases that locks. I'm having a hard time finding one though. Anyone know where in the area I might find one?

I'm on vacation starting today so I don't mind driving to get it, so if your place is remote that is ok.

Thanks for the info.

Nessessary Legal mumbo jumbo, just in case.
(This is not a Straw purchase. My Dad is fully licensed and I will process the necessary paperwork.)

Lowe's

If there is one near you has aluminum lockable cases for about $22. They're padded and will hold three or four pistols. It's just like the ones with the logos on them that sell for $75 or $100. Not sure if Home Depot has them or not

I mentioned this a couple days ago.

Hummm. That might just fit the bill. I'll head over the BJs in Franklin tomorrow and see if they have any around. Thanks

Tele Mark, I actually have the exact same thing in my truck as well. It works well, but Mom will never let Dad keep a gun in the car. I think he's lucky she lets him keep any guns at all. She going to LOVE this xmas gift I'm sure. [smile]

I have one of those honeywell lockboxes as well as one of the car safes... the honeywell is pretty good and can be picked up at any Walmart as well. I wouldn't trust it to sustain a determined attacked but it'll stop someone from taking your gun (unless they take the whole thing)

the in car safe I got from FS, where they are $25 each. It's a little bit of a pain to lock and it's pretty small but it works for my 317 easily.

Cabelas sells a really nice airline approved aluminum case. They are not cheap, and you will have to order it, but they are nice. BTW, nice CYA on the straw purchase comment. (You never know) Hope your dad enjoys the new pistol and shoots it till he's 101.

Back
Top Bottom