Looking for a new range.

My membership at AFS (n. attleboro) will expire this December. I am considering looking into moving to a new range. Here is what I need:

- Must allow rapid fire.
- No round limit in mags.
- Must allow shooting from a cross draw.
- Must have indoor pistol range.

These are the must haves. Other features like a 100 yard rifle or 24/7 access would be nice. I live in Needham and would be willing to travel 30 minutes.

You don't have that sort of problem with cross-draw if you shoot from a Weaver stance or some retention positions. In any case, Westford doesn't impose any restrictions on the tpe of holster from which you draw, as long as you do it safely. A bit outside your 30 minute limit though.

Ken

Mansfield F&G fits all the above EXCEPT no indoor range yet. It's in the works but will take another 2 years to finish. Send Email to C-pher for details or a tour of the place.

I did a tour with him last night and Typo and myself will probably be joining that club next month. I love Braintree R&P but no drawing from holster allowed, no real close shooting (7.5 yds outdoor only), no metal target shooting (except .22RF on silhouette range) are allowed at BR&P.

More details on Mansfield here:

http://www.mansfieldfish.com/

Hopkinton Sportsmens has most of what you need, and should have all of what you need soon. There is currently a round limit/speed limit, however, there is a procedure for getting an exemption from that rule. A delegated triumvirate is currently writing the new procedures which are expected to be good. Indoor range is 24x7, 50 ft, all conventional pistol calibers; outdoor is 100 http://www.hsasports.com yard/50 position

Yes, as Len said. If you have any questions, please let me know.

And, if we can find a way to get the rest of the money for the indoor range sooner, then it might be quicker than 2 years...

Anyway, I love Mansfield...and the people are really great.

I guess i'm pretty lucky at Sippican. Its outdoors with a roof over the pistol range and just about anything goes as long as you follow the target requirements. I went shooting today at around 5 PM and had the whole place to myself.[smile]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
I guess i'm pretty lucky at Sippican. Its outdoors with a roof over the pistol range and just about anything goes as long as you follow the target requirements. I went shooting today at around 5 PM and had the whole place to myself.[smile]

Mansfield has a roof over the pistol and rifle range as well.

Check out Harvard Sportsman's Club. 24/7 indoor range, 7/10/25/50 range, 100yd range, 200/300yd ranges, class III, action pits for IDPA, USPSA, SASS... Archery lanes, Plinking and steel plates... Great Sunday breakfasts once a month (except summer)

Check out Holbrook Sportsman's club, 24 hour indoor pistol range including 22 rifle, 200 yard rifle range, monthly 'pistol poppers" which is timed fire on steel targets, also monthly CMP shoots, Hunter rifle and pistol which is also steel , Trap shooting includes a wed night league, pistol team, rifle team and junior leagues.
Also have other interesting club events during the year like a bus trip to Kittery etc. Friday night motorcycle rides.
200 yard range is covered and allows pistol shooting, and has a 20 x 24 warm up house with wood stove and even DirecTV if you want to kick back and relax.
Main club house has the indoor ranges and there is a covered plinking range separate from the 200 that some folks practice cross draw.

May be outside your 30 miles but well worth it.
http://holbrooksportsmensclub.webs.com/

Last edited:
Hopkinton Sportsmens has most of what you need, and should have all of what you need soon. There is currently a round limit/speed limit, however, there is a procedure for getting an exemption from that rule. A delegated triumvirate is currently writing the new procedures which are expected to be good. Indoor range is 24x7, 50 ft, all conventional pistol calibers; outdoor is 100 http://www.hsasports.com yard/50 position

Already done - no magazine capacity limit.
EL Prez

Back
Top Bottom