Looking for a gun for my girlfriend

I was recently attempting to teach Kchan how to fire with the WASR-10, and soon realised it was far too heavy for her. That's when I remembered seeing those Hi-Point carbines and thought, not too heavy recoil, very lightweight, and the ammo is pretty cheap, I heard they are fairly accurate and reliable, any objections to this, or alternative ideas?

-James

Depends on the purpose. Nobody can beat a Ruger 10/22 for plinking fun with a .22.

It's not a defensive gun, so if that's what you are looking for and you both have LTCs, nothing beats an AR15 (pre-ban CAR-15 in particular . . . adjustable for short arms or long arms) as a lightweight carbine! Looking at ~$800 for good quality MA compliant version (NON-adjustable stock) or ~$1K for a pre-ban (adjustable stock).

I responded to your Email and never heard back, but the offer I made in that Email still stands. If you want to try my CAR-15 and we can arrange a mutually convenient time/day, you're welcome to let her try it.

hishersar15tu5.jpg
The M4 on the bottom is my wife's. Mines the bruiser on top.

Stag arms upper, 5.56 cal.
Stag lower
Daniel Defence rail
Trijicon 2x20 acog (very light)
Vltor stock
LaRue acog mount

A very light and great shooting rig. Highly recommended for women.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4480/hishersar15tu5.jpg

Last edited:
CrabPirate and Kchan - decide what you want the rifle for, and go from there. If the WASR is too heavy, the AR is lighter, accurate, and there is no real recoil. I'm not a big fan of the pistol caliber rifles myself, but that's just a personal preference. A lot of other folks love 'em!

Well we met both CrabPirate and Kchan at Braintree R&P today and had some fun shooting. She's now had an opportunity to shoot my pre-ban CAR-15 with AimPoint, scoped Ruger 10/22 (both at 50 yds and she did real well with them), and then my Wife's S&W 622 (.22 pistol) and Glock 17 at 33' on the indoor range.

It'll be a while before she'll qualify for a LTC, so the Ruger 10/22 is the only one she could own currently, although she could shoot anything that CrabPirate buys. [wink]

So the question now is what did she like?

It was great meeting both of you and we look forward to seeing you both at BR&P often (CrabPirate plans on joining).

Back
Top Bottom