Looking for a good pocket holster

In God We Trust

NES Member
I carry a ruger LCP almost daily and I have been using an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. The problem I have is that the gun sometimes gets turned around inside the pocket. Also, when I go to draw it, I have to pull the whole thing out holster and all, then draw the gun. I have read good things about the Desantis Superfly and I'm wondering if it will cure these problems?

I have also been thinking about just getting an ankle holster for it. I do not like any belt carry holsters for it.

Get both an ankle holster and a pocket holster. The ankle holster works great for when you're driving or when you're seated at a desk.

Look at the DeSantis Nemesis as well.

Order one from Robert Mika. Price is great and this is, IMO, probably the best functioning pocket holster on the market. You might wait a little, I don't know if he's backed up. I know he did increase his production output. Anyway, here's the link http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

I got one each of the round and a square bottomed holster to fit all my different style pockets. It's worth the wait.

I'll recommend another maker - Pocket Concealment Systems. I've used the French Curve model for my 942 and 442. I also used another model for my Glock 26. Both were professionally made and Michael will ask you questions about what type pants you wear, etc for the best model. He has several types (as you can see).

I've been pleased for yearswith my Mika holsters for a whole bunch of different guns.

The DeSantis nemesis is good too, but it doesn't mold to your body the way a Mika does.

The idea of an ankle holster makes me queezy.

Perp: "Gimme your money or I stab you in the chest"

You: "Hold on, let me tie my shoe first." instead of "let me casually reach toward my hip as if to fetch my wallet."

I'll recommend another maker - Pocket Concealment Systems. I've used the French Curve model for my 942 and 442. I also used another model for my Glock 26. Both were professionally made and Michael will ask you questions about what type pants you wear, etc for the best model. He has several types (as you can see).

+1

I too have several of his stuff. Top notch quality and decent price. Wait is typically about 12 weeks.

Get both an ankle holster and a pocket holster. The ankle holster works great for when you're driving or when you're seated at a desk.

Look at the DeSantis Nemesis as well.

+1 on the Desantis Nemesis.
I have one I use with my S&W 642 and it is perfect for pocket carry. The gun slides right out of the holster every time no matter what type of pants you are wearing.

Order one from Robert Mika. Price is great and this is, IMO, probably the best functioning pocket holster on the market. You might wait a little, I don't know if he's backed up. I know he did increase his production output. Anyway, here's the link http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

I got one each of the round and a square bottomed holster to fit all my different style pockets. It's worth the wait.

yup

I carry a ruger LCP almost daily and I have been using an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. The problem I have is that the gun sometimes gets turned around inside the pocket. Also, when I go to draw it, I have to pull the whole thing out holster and all, then draw the gun. I have read good things about the Desantis Superfly and I'm wondering if it will cure these problems?

I have also been thinking about just getting an ankle holster for it. I do not like any belt carry holsters for it.

So I have to ask, How big are your pockets that your LCP is getting turned around?

RugerLCP.jpg

The Guru @
pocketholsters.com Ive had it for 2 years and love it!

I have two. I have a DeSantis Superfly for my pants with smaller pockets. For my pants with larger pockets I have a Tuff Products Pocka-roo. It also holds a Tufts Quick Strip reload.

I use a Desantis superfly for my S&W 442 and I switch between a stellar rigs kydex and a high noon leather for my PM9

Back
Top Bottom