Looking for 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r

I'm for the southcoast of mass and I don't see to many shops carrying this type of ammo in military surplus. I'm just looking for some stuff to put through my ak and my future mosin. I would like it to be non corrosive and cheap. Thanks guys.

I wish you luck.

You can find non corrosive 7.62X39 but not really "cheap"

You "can" find cheap 7.62X54R but usually corrosive.

if your ever up near the nh line go to collectable arms and ammo. well worth the trip cheapest prices on cases.

$250 for 1000 rds 7.62x39 of golden tiger. mosin ammo is typically around $90 for a can of 54r. They usually have no limits either to stock up on. always have all kinds of pistol ammo very fairly priced too.

Yea all the non corrosive stuff I say was not cheap so corrosive it is!

- - - Updated - - -

I think collective ammo and arms is about a 2 hour ride for me.

if your ever up near the nh line go to collectable arms and ammo. well worth the trip cheapest prices on cases.

$250 for 1000 rds 7.62x39 of golden tiger. mosin ammo is typically around $90 for a can of 54r. They usually have no limits either to stock up on. always have all kinds of pistol ammo very fairly priced too.

I agree with you about visiting Collectable in Merrimack if you get the chance,

I was in there this weekend and they still had a lot of ammo in stock.

If you haven't been to Collectable in Merrimack NH since July, they have moved from their old location to 619 DW highway

The new store is a stand alone building that is about 5 times the size of the old shop. You can actual pick up the guns and their inventory is great ..lots of old and new guns at very reasonable price!

Yesterday they had at least 20+Mosin's and 6 SKS's on the floor racks... The nice thing about this place is that you can
actually handle the guns and there is no "take a number" for service [smile].

They buy, sell and transfer guns and Alec and Keith are great guys to deal with.

Blue Northern in Ayer has both in stock last I checked at the end of last week. They used to limit how many rounds you can buy at a time so I'd call first if you're looking for a case or something like that.

cheap and non-corrosive don't really go together with 54R. However, Cabelas has some relatively cheap non-corrosive 54R on sale right now for $10/box. Ship it to a friend/relative who lives out of state or to a nearby store.

Herter's 7.62x54R Ammunition : Cabela's

Holy Crap, that's more than double the corrosive. If you're on the South Shore go to the Plymouth Gun Show. If the NY ammo guy Chris is there ( he was there last year ), he should be about $200.00 a crate of 880, although he might've gone up some from last year.

[rofl]
I'm gong to try the show if not, must likely off to collectable ammo in nh.
If you go to NH I will pay 1/2 your gas if you pick me up a case of golden tiger that's 250$/1000

Your shit out of luck for shops around here.Plymouth andthe surround 20 miles or so anyway. I have never seen 54r in the tins for remotely close to the other states and online prices. X39 is at minimum 45 cents perround
Today's journey
plimoth outfitters Russian x39 450$/1000 54r 189$/440
Outback arms x39 tula 550$/1000 54r didn't see it but last time I did it was 149$/440

Bestcprice on line so far
Hungarian x39 .27 cents ea per 1400 round case plus shipping or .29 per round
54r various surplus 79$/440 plus shipping or .23 per round
Shipping charges can be less than the cost of fuel sometimes and always cheaper than anywhere around us. Key is to find friends who have a free state adress and dont mind favors in return for cheap ammo or day at the range.
Group buy? i have no source for further discounts on group buys, sadly

Last edited:
Four Seasons in Woburn has 7.62x54R in surplus cans. I didn't get any because I already have a Spam can full plus some loose rounds in 7.62x54R.

Good luck!

They did have some 7.62x51 when I was there yesterday.

The ammo at the show was way over prices I thought so, most likely going to New Hampshire.

I'd definitely call Collectabe Arms before driving up. I was there 2 weeks ago buying my first mosin m44 and a spam can and another guy behind me was buying a spam can. The owner/manager said he was limiting purchases to 1 spam cam per customer because he hasn't been able to find more and only had like 6 cans left. Let us know how you make out.

Hunters Trading post had a few spam cans of 7.62x39 on Thursday, but I did not ask the price.
They had surplus 7.62x54R but it was spendy at about 50c/round.

Yeah your not going to find the prices your looking for here in se mass.
Like I said we ha e to leave the state to get "normal" prices on cheap ammo.

Hunters Trading post had a few spam cans of 7.62x39 on Thursday, but I did not ask the price.
They had surplus 7.62x54R but it was spendy at about 50c/round.
Hunters rarely has "deals" on ammo. For as long as I remember 54r has always been 130$ or more for 440 round spam cans and always described as "non corrosive". Hunters usually has a decent stock of ammmo though.

went to Collectible Arms & Ammo based on recommedations here, and they had a fair amount of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 1000rd cases after I bought my share.

Cabela's in Scarborough has plenty of 2.23, 7.63x35, 54, 51, and virtually everything but .22LR. No limits, either

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable build of CM10.2

went to Collectible Arms & Ammo based on recommedations here, and they had a fair amount of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 1000rd cases after I bought my share.

They have anymore 7.62x54r? I was up there about a month ago and the guy working there said he only had like 6 cases of surplus 7.62x54 ammo left and didn't have an ETA on more coming in.

They have anymore 7.62x54r? I was up there about a month ago and the guy working there said he only had like 6 cases of surplus 7.62x54 ammo left and didn't have an ETA on more coming in.

They did on Friday when I was there: $4.99 / 20 milsurp steel/steelcore, $13.99/20 steel/bimetal, and $17.99 (I think)/20 for brass/FMJ.
Further up the road at Shooters Outpost they had bulk and milsurp, all steelcore. I did not note the price tho.

7.62x39 is available almost anywhere still, even wal mart has a bunch of tula for 5.99 a box. Gotta love AK's

Stopped in at on target in e bridgewater today. Had 7.62x54r spam cans priced at 220 ea! 440 for a crate! Had Tula 7.62x39 as well but after seeing the price of 54r I just walked out. So is 54r going to be the new ammo to claim shortage of and double the price on? To bad ,I've been in there before and prices were pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom