• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking at a Del-Ton AR15.....Any comments?

Palladin

NES Member
Just went AR shopping, very nicely priced Del-Ton, Industries DTI
5.56. I hear everyone talking Bushmaster, RR, Stag, Colt, etc...but I haven't seen any thread info on DTI.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Whats it going to be used for? Just punching paper? If so, it'll do. I wouldn't put it in a role such as home defense or any other scenario where your life depends on your rifle. How much was the Del-ton going for? What configuration?

With all that said, Del-ton doesn't have the greatest rep in the professional sector for making a quality rifle; quality rifles being brands like Colt Noveske, LMT, etc.

Check out this comparison list:
071120-AR-Comparison-Chart.jpg

As you can see they aren't even listed. The person that compiled this list (from m4carbine.net) doesn't believe they have any business on the list as their quality is below even the lowest on the list. If a company makes a product with even less features than the lowest on the list, their column would essentially be empty [rolleyes]

Again, if you're only punching paper, fine. Anything more serious and I'd upgrade. Unless you're getting a smokin' deal on the del-ton a couple hundred bucks will get you a much more reliable rifle, IMO. YMMV

Last edited:
Whats it going to be used for? Just punching paper? If so, it'll do. I wouldn't put it in a role such as home defense or any other scenario where your life depends on your rifle. How much was the Del-ton going for? What configuration?

With all that said, Del-ton doesn't have the greatest rep in the professional sector for making a quality rifle; quality rifles being brands like Colt Noveske, LMT, etc.

Check out this comparison list:
071120-AR-Comparison-Chart.jpg

As you can see they aren't even listed. The person that compiled this list (from m4carbine.net) doesn't believe they have any business on the list as their quality is below even the lowest on the list. If a company makes a product with even less features than the lowest on the list, their column would essentially be empty [rolleyes]

Again, if you're only punching paper, fine. Anything more serious and I'd upgrade. Unless you're getting a smokin' deal on the del-ton a couple hundred bucks will get you a much more reliable rifle, IMO. YMMV

Do you have a link that explains the features and why I might want them?

Thanks.

Do you have a link that explains the features and why I might want them?

Thanks.

Here you go: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

There's much debate on this and if you wade through the guff, (elitists vs regulars) you'll find some pretty good answers. Essentially, it speaks to buying the absolute best equipment you can afford and gives some pertinent things to look for when making decisions. If the company producing the weapon is standing behind a Mil-Spec or beyond promise, (warranty) and the gas key is properly staked than you should be good to go. If anything, it gives you some questions to ask Del-Ton, CMMG, Stag, Model-1 etc...You could buy a "bargain bin" CMMG and get a lifetime of good service out of it, but you could also wind up with heartache. I would love to have a Colt, LMT. Noveske etc, but it's not in the financial cards. I'm banking on Anvil to build me Mil-Spec components and stand behind them. Your non-spec rifle may run for many years of plinking with no problems, but put it through a carbine course where 1-3,000 rounds, (or even more) are used in a weekend and things become pretty clear as to what level of rifle you own...Suffice it to say, I'll be testing my Anvil out thoroughly.... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom