Longest anyone has waited for thier LTC

Venomousgrin

NES Member
i have been waiting now for about 6 months, i called the station a few weeks ago and was told that i was approved they are just waiting to get the actual cards. I think i am being jerked around but dont want to raise a stink in fear that i will be denied

What town is it? My friend got his about 3 years ago in Peabody. He applied in July or August and they didn't call him to pick it till December 22nd or something like that. The license was printed and sitting at the station from august till December. I think he called after 3 months and I forget the excuse they made. It was eitehr they were waiting on the card or someone to sign off on it. Unfortunately you can tell on the card the exact day it was printed. They just wanted to see if he would give up.

I would go to the station and ask directly. I got jerked around for weeks on the phone. Finally went directly there and asked the person at the front desk to look if it was ready. The date printed on the card was 3 weeks prior.

Call your state Senator or Rep. Basically this same thing happened to me, and I called Sen. Moore. He talked to the folks at CHSB and the Worc PD, and got it all straightened out for me.

When I first got my LTC, it took about 5 months, several phone calls and a good deal of patience. Thankfully, my renewal went much smoother.

you people are scaring me.

I have my "I'm an upstanding citizen" interview on Monday, and I'm hoping to be shopping by spring.

I'm in the 4th week right now of waiting for mine. Hopefully it won't be much longer :)

Wed.? As in tomorrow or next week?

I remember her saying they only do interviews once a week, I wonder if that means there is demand for two days a week. Which would be a GOOD thing!

I'll let you know.

Wed.? As in tomorrow or next week?

I remember her saying they only do interviews once a week, I wonder if that means there is demand for two days a week. Which would be a GOOD thing!

I'll let you know.

Next week, forgot today was only Tuesday.. Yeah they said they only did them on Mondays but when they finally called me back(after I left about 5 msgs) they scheduled me for a Wednesday.

WEEK 11 AND COUNTING,LYNN MA

odd. right before the Obama craze, they were hovering at bout 6 weeks. did you call the gun lady and ask? i know she told me and a couple peeps who applied around the same to call if we didn't hear anything after 6 weeks.

Thats total BS - I have someone who recently took my LTC class who applied in Duxbury last Monday and got his license yesterday.

[
But what about the extensive super long and intrusive background check and all the bureaucracy from the MSP and the FBI check and of course the INTERPOL check? [sarcasm]

5 weeks saugus. Interview was fine just asked what I needed it for and how long I have lived in Saugus and that was that. We just talked about the procedure of the application. Basically for me we went over the application questions pretty straight forward. Asked about any arrests or anything in any other state, oh and if I ever was admitted to a mental health facility. Asked where I worked and what I do. Just a general interview I guess to probably judge your character. It was a painless process for me. The Lt. in Saugus is a great guy. I actually walked out of there happier that those guys where patrolling the streets. Never really talked with the police before except for like traffic stops and reporting of thefts, so it was more of like a feeling you get when your going for a big job interview. But my experience was one that contrasts to other people's greatly, I am just fortunate to live in a green town.

Saugus Someplace Special (actual town slogan when I was younger)

Last edited:
My renewal took 7-8 weeks. I called the CHSB and they told me my license had been approved, printed and was probably waiting for pick up at my local PD. When I told the firearms licensing official this, he gave me a ration of crap saying now they were going to come down on him wondering why I didn't have my LTC yet and I had to wait.

I thought for sure I overstepped and was screwed but called a week later and spoke to a woman in licensing and she explained to me that the state police hadn't replied with my finger print check yet and thats why there was a hold up. She faxed them again, called them and told me they didn't want to get on her bad side and she'd make sure I'd have my LTC soon.

I got it in less than a week later.

Took me 3 months exactly in Everett to get my Class A no restrictions. Everett PD mails them to you so you don't go in to pick it up.

Call Officer Silva, he works M-F 7:30am-4pm at the front desk. When you call the station he is the one that answers. Good luck...lol

Back
Top Bottom