Loaded Weapon in City Bar

Tell me, how do you cock a Glock???

By Elizabeth Dinan
[email protected]

PORTSMOUTH -- During a Thursday night fracas at The Sports Page bar and grill, a Rochester man cocked a round into the chamber [thinking] of his loaded 9 mm handgun and pointed it at another customer.

After running away, then hiding the live firearm in a bush behind the Friendly Toast restaurant, Bryan Peterson, 24, of 541 Portland St., Rochester, was arrested on a felony count of criminal threatening, two felony reckless conduct charges and a Class A misdemeanor count of carrying a loaded handgun without a license.

During his Friday morning arraignment, Peterson told Judge Sharon DeVries he was attacked by seven men and acted in self defense.
"I panicked is what it was," he said. Peterson, who said he occasionally resides at his mother's South Berwick, Maine, home, said he was at the Hanover Street lounge for less than 10 minutes when the group of men "dragged" him out of the bar and into a parking lot, then threatened to throw him into a trash bin and to urinate on his suit.
"The second I took it out and cocked it," he said of his Glock 17 semiautomatic, "they all turned around."

According to an affidavit by Officer Aaron Goodwin, police were called to the Sports Page on at 11:30 p.m. for a report of a fight. One witness told the officer that a man, later identified as Peterson, cocked the gun[thinking] , which he'd been wearing in a shoulder holster, then said, "You guys have no idea."

Police reported that after denying involvement in the fight, Peterson later agreed to accompany officers back to the Sports Page, where several witnesses reported seeing him with the gun. One, according to Goodwin's affidavit, told police Peterson "pulled out a loaded pistol and pointed it at his friend."

According to police reports, Officer Eric Benz found the gun, shoulder holster and a spare magazine full of ammunition in a bush behind the Friendly Toast, which was open for business at the time. Later, according to the police report, Peterson admitted he "planted" the gun after removing and cocking it during the "confrontation" at the Sports Page.

During his arraignment, Peterson said he obtained a permit to carry a concealed weapon from Rochester police the same day, but local police reported Rochester has no record of issuing one to him. Peterson told the judge he is the vice president of operations for an "entertainment company" named Red Baron Entertainment. Because Portsmouth District Court does not take pleas on felony charges, DeVries entered no pleas on Peterson's behalf to the three felony charges. A not guilty plea was entered on the misdemeanor count and Peterson's bail was set at $50,000 cash or surety.
"We can't have gun slingers taking the law into their own hands and leaving a loaded gun around for anyone to pick up," said the judge. "These are extremely dangerous circumstances that were created."

The high bail was ordered because Peterson's criminal history includes convictions on charges of terrorizing and simple assault, in addition to failing to appear in court. A Nov. 27 probable cause hearing was scheduled, when Peterson is expected to be represented by attorney Phil Desfosses.

On another forum I read a scenerio like this played out almost to a tee. The OP in that thread never updated the thread, so I hope and assume he got jail time.

If this story is in anyway true, this guy deserves a run through the penal system. You dont go leaving guns out like that, and if he drew and it wasnt for defense of life...well he shouldnt have drawn. Thats pretty much brandishing in any scenerio.

You're not alone in that love -- whenever I'm in that area, I always look forward to stopping by for a great meal. Can't get enough of the funky atmosphere!

Not to mention the serving sizes are huge. I haven't been there in years. [sad2]

Look at this. I start a thread about a screwball and come away with finding a great restaurant in the area. But when I go, I'm going to search the scrubbery for discarded handguns........

He disn't get much sympathy from the judge during his appearence. Seems the judge was quite ticked off about discarding the handgun where a young kid could have could possibly found it.

Look at this. I start a thread about a screwball and come away with finding a great restaurant in the area. But when I go, I'm going to search the scrubbery for discarded handguns........

Will wonders never cease? [laugh]

He disn't get much sympathy from the judge during his appearence. Seems the judge was quite ticked off about discarding the handgun where a young kid could have could possibly found it.

Good heavens, I should hope so!! (the judge being PO'd that is.)

Back
Top Bottom