Loaded Long Gun in Car?

I keep an AR on the floor in the back seat of my car for SHTF, mass shooting intervention, zombies, etc.. I've read that it's illegal to have a long gun loaded in the car, so I remove the mag and chambered round every morning when I put the gun in the car. Can someone point me to the RSA that states long guns can't be loaded? I've not been able to find any actual evidence of this.

Answered: RSA 207:7

Last edited:
you must live in a rough neighborhood, OP. [laugh]

if you absolutely need to carry that much hate daily you can build an AR pistol to do it legally, or just disregard RSAs and don't get pulled over.

That link helped. I found it.
Under RSA 207:7...
II. No person shall have or carry, in or on a motor vehicle, OHRV, snowmobile, or aircraft, whether moving or stationary, a cocked crossbow, a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun, or a rifle or shotgun with a cartridge in a magazine or clip attached to the gun.

you must live in a rough neighborhood, OP.
012.gif

if you absolutely need to carry that much hate daily you can build an AR pistol to do it legally, or just disregard RSAs and don't get pulled over.

You just never know!

When I have the cash I'm going to build a 10.5" AR pistol with the SIG "arm brace" and keep that loaded in the car, as it will qualify under pistol law, rather than as a long gun.

I think RSA 159 is the P&R stuff. The prohibition on loaded car carry is actually a fish and game thing. http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XVIII/207/207-7.htm
Right. 207.
*III. No person shall have in or on a boat or other craft while being propelled by mechanical power, or in a boat or other craft being towed by a boat or other craft propelled by mechanical power, a cocked crossbow, a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun, or a rifle or shotgun with a cartridge in a magazine or clip attached to the gun.*

Pretty annoying that that law exists under hunting law. For defense I want the gun loaded so I can have it running immediately. For hunting I don't see the difference. As of now I keep a loaded mag in the car near the gun. If I was a hunter and wanted to illegally take a deer at the side of the road it takes very little to just pop the mag in and rack it. Seems like a useless law that also managed to interfere with defensive use of a long arm (though I guess I'm apparently in the minority that sees the use of a truck gun).

It seems that most New England states have an anti-deer jacking F&G law prohibiting loaded long guns in or on a MV.

Thus I always advise my students to read the F&G laws carefully in addition to any general gun laws.

Every time pro gun folks in NH try to get this bullshit lifted, some douchebags from fish and game start with the pant shitting hysterics about "guns possibly going off in a car involved in an accident or fire putting safety personnel at risk" or some bullshit like that. [rolleyes]

Even to just get the law amended so that it would at least allow a magazine to be inserted (no round chambered) in the gun while in the vehicle would be a big improvement.

-Mike

Probably Trashua LOL.

Yeah but even the worst parts of Trashua and Manch don't even hold a candle to 2nd tier MA dump cities like Brockton, where you expect to see something like this if you're in the wrong part of town...

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom