List of Weapons in Feinstein Proposed Ban

I noticed a few things

Pistols - barrel shroud, is the slide on an 1911 a barrel shroud? it encompasses the barrel

all semi-autos that have a fixed magazine that can take more than 10 rounds, there go my .22 LR tube magazine rifles

It seams like that are all firearms that are considered to be "common use" and therefore cannot be banned based on Heller v. DC and United States v. Miller. If we all are able to understand case law and the politicians can't then we are truly fracked as a nation.

No

IWI-TSFD16-TavorSARFT165-FDELeftSide.jpg

Ay29K.jpg

That's an "AR type" rifle.

I was looking at a list on another forum and it had the Armalite 22LR listed on the ban. I would hope they ban all the 22LR clones of the dreadful AR-15. We don't want the kids to see such things.

What has me curious is what if I decide to store away my AR-15 lower and not build it right away. If the one year registration period goes by and I still have the stripped lower is it then illegal? This is providing the legislation passes.

Pay attention everyone! What they're proposing to ban is every gun with an evil feature (pistol grip being the most insidious part of their proposal)!

NO threaded barrels.
NO barrel shrouds.
NO telescoping stocks.
NO forward grips.
NO launchers.
No mags greater than 10 rounds.

I admit I haven't read all of the proposal, but was any 'grandfathering' mentioned anywhere? The pistols are a whole other topic.

Pay attention everyone! What they're proposing to ban is every gun with an evil feature (pistol grip being the most insidious part of their proposal)!

NO threaded barrels.
NO barrel shrouds.
NO telescoping stocks.
NO forward grips.
NO launchers.

I admit I haven't read all of the proposal, but was any 'grandfathering' mentioned anywhere? The pistols are a whole other topic.

Yes, killy machines that are currently owned are grandfathered but become NFA items like an SBR.

NO threaded barrels.
NO barrel shrouds.
NO telescoping stocks.
NO forward grips.
NO launchers.

There was some earlier talk about thumbhole grips counting as a pistol grip. With all the blah going on I can't remember if that was on the Federal level or the Linsky/Patrick level.

As I am sure many here have said already, they are either completely overreaching with wild-eyed abandon, or this is them planning to be able to "negotiate" and say crap like, "Be reasonable! We are willing to compromise!" when their opening "request" is totally ridiculous to start with.

Or both, I guess.

Manufacturers have to grow a mother****ing pair already and stand up - not just for THEM but for us.

and the gun shops too - for gods sake, I love a lot of them, but they made some mad money over the Great Panic, time to shell some of that out on some lobbying. If we fall, THEY fall.

Sorry. Fired up. They just ripped my toenail out and left me without a goddamned script. Tylenol my ass.

"With assault rifles and semi-automatic rifles displayed on one side and police officers who support her proposal behind her, Feinstein said the goal is to "dry up the supply of these weapons over time."
-CNN

"With assault rifles and semi-automatic rifles displayed on one side and police officers who support her proposal behind her, Feinstein said the goal is to "dry up the supply of these weapons over time."
-CNN

Boil the frog slow.

Unfortunately for her, we won't offer the same courtesy.

Time for the manufacturers to start changing the names of all new rifles. Really throw em a curveball.

Sent from my .gov tracking device
From what I understand, they put language in there that would ban anything that has a full-auto equivalent.

G18, so, all Glocks are banned.

Manufacturers don't need to change names, they need to tell the US government they will not sell to them if they pass this law. It is profoundly against their best business interests to cut off a major source of high margin revenue as well as an avenue of R&D/Product development.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom