Lever guns

Either caliber would be nice to have in that.

I have .44 in Ruger Bolt and semi, and Marlin and Henry Levers, and a few Revolvers. I also feel a touch better hunting deer, bear, or boar with it over .357, so its why i'm leaning that way. But like you......if I buy the SBL....I'm probably getting rid of another gun (s) as well.

Its a nice form of downsizing....sell two, buy one.

I actually already have had a couple of the 357 SBLs made after Remington retooled but ended up selling them when they started going for big money on GB. I paid around $900 each, one went for over $3,400 and the other around $2,700.

Yeah, I thought about that (44 for hunting big game) when I started divesting but I had/have that covered with other rifles I prefer more (e.g., Ruger 77 RSIs, Kimber 84s, 336SS, Winchester 88, etc.). The 357s are just woods or fun guns and won't see use on big game. I forgot (till you mentioned semis) that I also had 3 Ruger Deerfields at one time as well as the 77/44 I have mentioned before. I used the 77/44 (pic below) to take a 250 lb black bear at 60 yards, one shot and it went less than 20 yards.

20210214_111835.jpg

Last edited:
bought a Browning remake of the Winchester 1886 45/70 in 1986 number 52 of 7000, last I looked worth about 3 grand

Those are the very best iteration of the 1886, fantastic quality and no asinine tang safety like the new Winchester 1886s have on them.

I actually already have had a couple of the 357 SBLs made after Remington retooled but ended up selling them when they started going for big money on GB. I paid around $900 each, one went for over $3,400 and the other around $2,700.

Yeah, I thought about that (44 for hunting big game) when I started divesting but I had/have that covered with other rifles I prefer more (e.g., Ruger 77 RSIs, Kimber 84s, 336SS, Winchester 88, etc.). The 357s are just woods or fun guns and won't see use on big game. I forgot (till you mentioned semis) that I also had 3 Ruger Deerfields at one time as well as the 77/44 I have mentioned before. I used the 77/44 (pic below) to take a 250 lb black bear at 60 yards, one shot and it went less than 20 yards.

View attachment 882417
Nice rifle......love my 77/44. 44 will be the carbine rifle caliber I stay with.....and those will be the guns I keep. I'll keep one .357 1894 around for a truck gun or plinking to go with whatever .357 revolvers I have around.

You grabbed full retard pricing on the Remlin .357s. Those people are kicking themselves in the junk right now with Ruger reintroducing for 1100 bucks.

I sold off a few Marlins and Remlins I bought for like 350-500 before and jettisoned them at the high of full retard lever gun stupidity, as well and did good. GB does have their share of idiots. :)

Last edited:
Nice rifle......love my 77/44. 44 will be the carbine rifle caliber I stay with.....and those will be the guns I keep. I'll keep one .357 1894 around for a truck gun or plinking to go with whatever .357 revolvers I have around.

You grabbed full retard pricing on the Remlin .357s. Those people are kicking themselves in the junk right now with Ruger reintroducing for 1100 bucks.

I sold off a few Marlins and Remlins I bought for like 350-500 before and jettisoned them at the high of full retard lever gun stupidity, as well and did good. GB does have their share of idiots. :)

Yeah, I saw what the 357 SBLs we're going for and said fruck it, had $2500 minimum starting bids on both.

The four matching RSIs in 223 and 308 are what I decided to stick with as far as carbines, two scoped in the ultralight stocks I picked up and two left in the mannlicher stocks with NECG peeps.

Here's another example of GB craziness, if you hit things/timing right you can make out pretty well. That was one of the first ones of the limited run to hit GB, now there have been a bunch, betcha that guy is really kicking himself (if he went through with purchase).

Yeah, I saw what the 357 SBLs we're going for and said fruck it, had $2500 minimum starting bids on both.

The four matching RSIs in 223 and 308 are what I decided to stick with as far as carbines, two scoped in the ultralight stocks I picked up and two left in the mannlicher stocks with NECG peeps.

Here's another example of GB craziness, if you hit things/timing right you can make out pretty well. That was one of the first ones of the limited run to hit GB, now there have been a bunch, betcha that guy is really kicking himself (if he went through with purchase).

I saw one of those at KTP once not super long ago. I think they wanted 2 grand for it and I thought that was high.

Edit.....looks like it was relisted and sold for a touch above 2 grand.

I saw one of those at KTP once not super long ago. I think they wanted 2 grand for it and I thought that was high.

Edit.....looks like it was relisted and sold for a touch above 2 grand.

The seller listed a second one using the same ad (easier than creating a whole new ad), according to reviews for the buyer of the first one he went through with purchase and paid quickly, plus, although similar, I believe the pictures are of a different gun in the second ("relisted ") auction, most obvious in the #8 pictures in both auctions. I cannot imagine paying $5,500 and then seeing a bunch sell for around $1,500 a couple weeks later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom