• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lever guns

I've been enjoying my Henry Carbine and Mares leg in 44mag. They shoot pretty well for the limited rounds I've put down range. Just need some more cash to be able to get a real test done.
If you own a 44 mag cabine you should really consider reloading. 44 mag is one of the most versatile calibers to reload for.

If you own a 44 mag cabine you should really consider reloading. 44 mag is one of the most versatile calibers to reload for.
Yup, carbine and revolvers. I still have empty casings from 5+ years ago from when another member wanted to try that cartridge. Still have those casings and more, still haven't got into reloading. [laugh]

Yup, carbine and revolvers. I still have empty casings from 5+ years ago from when another member wanted to try that cartridge. Still have those casings and more, still haven't got into reloading. [laugh]
Owning a 44mag revolver and a 44 mag carbine and the equipment to reload is probably the most versatile setup possible. Can load cast 240 grain Keith style bullets from mouse fart target bullseye loads all the way up to big game smashing loads even using the same powder! I have a ruger 44 carbine and a model 629 4 inch barrel and it's a hell of a nice combo using zero brand 240 grain jacketed soft points
Way more versatile than a 357 mag revolver and rifle combo (which I also own and reload for).

I'LL BE MOVING BACK TO MA. SOON AFTER 30 YRS IN FLORIDA. I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHATS LEGAL. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE RICH WITH THE MARLINS AND WINCHESTERS. I'V HAD AND DO HAVE SOME ROSSI 92'S IN .357 MAG, 16 INCH BBLS. DO YOU ALL HATE THEM ? OR ARE THAT NOT AVAIABLE IN MA. ?
WHAT?! I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE YELLING.

I'LL BE MOVING BACK TO MA. SOON AFTER 30 YRS IN FLORIDA. I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHATS LEGAL. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE RICH WITH THE MARLINS AND WINCHESTERS. I'V HAD AND DO HAVE SOME ROSSI 92'S IN .357 MAG, 16 INCH BBLS. DO YOU ALL HATE THEM ? OR ARE THAT NOT AVAIABLE IN MA. ?
Available in Ma, just A plethora of better choices.

1. Lower case is not illegal.
2. Fun IS illegal in MA.
3. I can't blame you for wanting to get away from Dench.
4. Don't listen to Reptile.
5. Handguns are not "illegal". Some guns are just on a list that says dealers can't transfer NEW. Also, read the laws and learn the definition of a firearm.
6. Read #2 again.
7. Read #2 one more time.
8. #4 was not a joke.
9. .40 is gay.

1. Lower case is not illegal.
2. Fun IS illegal in MA.
3. I can't blame you for wanting to get away from Dench.
4. Don't listen to Reptile.
5. Handguns are not "illegal". Some guns are just on a list that says dealers can't transfer NEW. Also, read the laws and learn the definition of a firearm.
6. Read #2 again.
7. Read #2 one more time.
8. #4 was not a joke.
9. .40 is gay.
10. What was the question again?

Couple of super nice Savage 99s over on 24hourcampfire if anyone is interested. If I wasn't trying to pare things down a bit I would definitely snag the 308.

Was over my grandmothers house earlier to help her with stuff and she had me look at my grandfathers 1950s savage model 99 in 300 savage. Going to take it home at some point probably when I make more room in the safe.

Anyway when I was in the attic I found this box of 30-30 ammo leftover from the Marlin 336. Check out the price 😂
I’m guessing this from the 70s??
IMG_3595.jpeg IMG_3596.jpeg

Was over my grandmothers house earlier to help her with stuff and she had me look at my grandfathers 1950s savage model 99 in 300 savage. Going to take it home at some point probably when I make more room in the safe.

Anyway when I was in the attic I found this box of 30-30 ammo leftover from the Marlin 336. Check out the price 😂
I’m guessing this from the 70s??
View attachment 835810View attachment 835811
Probably not that old. I remember buying 308 for under $10 a box from K Mart around 2001

There’s some 44 mag SBLs on gunbroker but I’m not paying over MSRP. I’ll wait a little bit for availability to increase….hopefully. Then I’ll need to sell off the Henry all weather 44 mag I have.

Back
Top Bottom