Leupold HAMR

I did a search and found very little on this scope.

Does anyone have any experience with this scope? I was interested in the version with the DeltaPoint, but as this would be my first scope, I don't understand the difference between a 3.5 MOA and a 7.5 MOA Deltapoint.

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products/scopes/mark-4-hamr/mark-4-4x24mm-hamr/

This scope would either be mounted on a FN FS2000 or a Stag 2TL. Any input would be appreciated on the above topics. Thank you and Happy pre-New Year.

Last edited:
It was reviewed by Jeff Quinn on GunBlast.com in September
http://www.gunblast.com/Leupold-HAMR.htm

I did a search and found very little on this scope.

Does anyone have any experience with this scope? I was interested in the version with the DeltaPoint, but as this would be my first scope, I don't understand the difference between a 3.5 MOA and a 7.5 MOA Deltapoint.

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products/scopes/mark-4-hamr/mark-4-4x24mm-hamr/

This scope would either be mounted on a FN FS2000 or a Stag 2TL. Any input would be appreciated on the above topics. Thank you and Happy pre-New Year.

The difference between the DeltaPoints is the size of the dot. As a backup reddot, 7moa will probably be what you want.

Unless I am missing something, it seems awfully expensive for something that doesn't offer something an ACOG or 1-4 power can't do cheaper. An ACOG with a RMR at 1 o'clock and you have something that is at least proven to be worth the money.

The difference between the DeltaPoints is the size of the dot. As a backup reddot, 7moa will probably be what you want.

7.5 moa is a triangle
3.5 is a dot.

The problem with having the dot above the scope is the offset is huge and is difficult to manage the further you are from poa/poi

It was reviewed by Jeff Quinn on GunBlast.com in September
http://www.gunblast.com/Leupold-HAMR.htm

Not to get sidetracked, but that reticle looks suspiciously identical to ACOG's horseshoe reticle, which is drop compensated for a 5.56 NATO or 7.62 NATO.

Untitled-1.jpg

...wouldn't that be useless for the ballistics of a 50 Beowulf? I'm sure the guy was too close to matter, but it's kind of a weird way to review an AR scope if indeed that's what it is?

Unless I am missing something, it seems awfully expensive for something that doesn't offer something an ACOG or 1-4 power can't do cheaper. An ACOG with a RMR at 1 o'clock and you have something that is at least proven to be worth the money.

I have an opportunity to get the HAMR for $1199 with the DeltaPoint. I was looking at the ACOG as well, but found that it was substantially more costly than the HAMR in a similar setup. I also was considering the EOTech MPO for around 999 but was unsure of the moving parts on it standing up to the test of time. I have no problem with spending a few more dollars for a proven optic like the ACOG but with the name Leupold I was hoping its reputation, and build, would be solid.

This optics are fairly new and don't have much of a track record. What are you going to use the rifles the optic will be mounted on for?
Usually, if it's your first ever optic, and it's a general purpose rifle, you will be much better served with a quality red dot. I prefer Aimpoints either micro or 30mm family depending on your tastes/needs.
Personally, I wouldn't get HAMR.

I have a Delta Point with the 7.5 moa triangle. This is the best of both worlds. For speed, you just stick the dot in the middle of the target. For accuracy, you sight the gun in for point of impact at the tip of the triangle. I am getting about 1 in groups using the tip of the triangle at 50 yds with my Marvel 22 RF conversion.

I bore sighted it last night. Hopefully weather improves today. Wanna shoot it. Put a mako magwell grip on it last night. Waiting for my alpha rail squid grips to come in. It's a lot of money into this rifle to shoot paper. Kinda a waste. I can shoot my 22 for thousands less. Oh well. Ready for zombies haha.

Back
Top Bottom