Anyone here use the Leupold-3-9x40-Mark-AR-Riflescope?

W

wolf223

http://swfa.com/Leupold-3-9x40-Mark-AR-Riflescope-Package-Deal-P44574.aspx

i've been doing some research for another build-in-progress.

do any of you NESer's have any experience with this scope or any of the Leupold mk 2 series? specifically, the "Mark AR" series riflescopes?

I see them as pretty good for the $$$$, but they have 1" tubes.

I WAS / still might be sticking with a 30mm tube so i can use a LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104 because my LaRue mount w / aimpoint work so well on my I Am Legend Zombie Killa.

link: http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/P1011738.JPG

so, in the perfect world, i'd look at a low power, variable between 1 to 12x (max) by ___ optic with a 30mm tube. such as a 2.5-12x40something Mk4, except i'm trying to save a little money to finish the build before April.

I can order a Burris extreme tactical, Nikon ect... from Larue, but kinda want something for "mid range" use.... with a little bit of bells and whistles, including a 30mm tube in order to use the LaRue mount.

looked at a Millet DMS, Hawke Optic, Bushnell, Leupold and similar "DMS" or whatever, which brought me to looking at Vortex, Leupold, SWFA SS, Bushnell ect...

-when factoring the purchase of the LaRue Mount, all the scopes are not worth it.

so I may decide to go with one of the Leupold AR series combo's to save a little bit of money. -problem? I'd like to fondle one first....

my questions are:

1. Clarity
2. Repeatability
3. MOA, how many?
4. Overall Quality vs. _______ scope with a 30mm tube.

the scope will be used on an AR Flat Top, 1:7 twist, 20" barrel... distance between 50 and 300 yards. I'm not trying to skimp, but i don't need to spend $1500 for a scope to use at the range either....

[thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a mk3 mildot, 3-9x40 I haven't mounted yet. That should fit your rings. You can borrow it and see if you like it. The Mk 2 AR should be very similar.

ETA: Actually, looking at that scope, it looks like a dead ringer for the one I have. Search for MkIII 3-9x40 and check the specs to see.

Back
Top Bottom