• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Leupold VX2

FYI-in case anyone is looking for this discontinued model.

Stopped by LL Cote in Errol NH Sun and found a few VX 2 (not II) scopes-pricing decent people very accommodating.

I was bummed these were discontinued. I kept hemming and hawing on getting one for my Henry rifle and then when I wanted one they were sold out everywhere. I guess my Nikon 3-9 will have to do for now.

Apparently to those in the know the VX 2 line was held in very high regard and with good reason, the glass is perfect-to my eyes-and the action is very very smooth; a bit pricey-scope was $349 and the Leupold made (USA) backcountry rings were $80.00 : certainly overkill for a new .22 wmr Magnum Research (bull stainless barrel) but at least the excess can be justified.

Should you be anywhere near this area take the time to visit-on second thought both the area and Cote make taking even a special trip well worth while-no to very very little cell service but that is very much part of the attraction-in the fall it simply is magnificent-on a clear no moon night sky it is spectacular-grab a chair some beers look up and giggle, the Milky Way and much 'more' is clearly visible with the naked eyes.

Back
Top Bottom