Leupold VX-I 2-7x28mm Rimfire Riflescope comments?

I had one for a while and got rid of it. Leupold is a great name, but there are other products that are less $ and better for the application IMHO.

I prefer the Weaver Classic Rimfire 2.5-7 x 28. It costs 33 % LESS, can take the double snap of a spring air rifle and was brighter at lower light conditions than the comporable Leupold rimfire scope. The advantage of the rimfire scopes is that they are parallex set @ 50 yds. An alternative would be to buy an adjustable optic (AO) rifle scope - just make sure it can focus down close (some can down to 10 yds and others just 25 yds)

If you hold off and save a little more, the Weaver V16: 4-16 x 42 (AO) is awesome for the $ or I like the Bushnell Trophy 4-12 x 40 AO (priced same as Weaver rf). The Bushnell Trophy series very robust and have bright optics. At one point I had a Leupold VX-III 6.5-20 x 40 EFR on top of my 10/22T - sort of an over kill LOL (eventually got rid of the T and decided I liked .22 bolt actions better).

Get one of the Weaver style bases and use Weave style bases. The factory base is sort of whimpy IMHO and you are limited to 3/8" dovetal rings (you can pay a lot for nice rings, but can go the other route, spend less and have a sturdier set up). Don't skimp w/ cheap rings. RWS make an integral base system which was designed for air rifles which would work with the factory dovetail if you decide to go that way.

YMMV - good luck & have fun w/ your new rimfire. [grin]

I have a number of Leupold scopes and love them all. I picked up a used 4x pistol scope - there was a minor issue with the adjustment knobs sticking. I sent it in and they cleane it up free of charge. Now this was probably a 20 y old scope, and I wasn't the original owner. Love their customer service.

I don't have the specific scope you mention, but love every one I have.

Back
Top Bottom