• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

Teach her a proper grip. This Video of Todd Jarrett will help, especially with a compact firearm like your Glock

Actually I did, however she just feels more comfortable (and accurate) with this method. I actually use a modified Jarret grip myself, but everyone is different...(at least she's not turning it sideways and popping rounds off like the hip-hop-gang-rappers do in their publicity pics [grin] )

thug_sideways_pistol_aim.jpg

Actually I did, however she just feels more comfortable (and accurate) with this method. I actually use a modified Jarret grip myself, but everyone is different...(at least she's not turning it sideways and popping rounds off like the hip-hop-gang-rappers do in their publicity pics [grin] )

View attachment 104092

Woman typically have to use a modified grip because their wrists are weaker.

During training I see woman use arm strength to control recoil versus locked wrists.

My second time shooting my Savage FCP-10 in .308. I had a bipod on it but it kept working loose so it may come off and I'll be shooting off a bag next time. I was at 100 yards shooting some military ball ammo I picked up a while ago from a local gun store, was loose packed in bags but it was cheap and in stock. Had 2 shots off before I realized the bipod was really loose, adjusted the screws holding it on and shot another 4 rounds. Of course I also had a hard time feeling my fingers after being on the range in wind. I love how it can go from the low 80's yesterday to low 50's today (when I have a day off).
Savage 308 shot grouping 1.jpg

I cleaned the chamber of my MN 91-30 and took it out to play today. It's happier but still has trouble closing the bolt.

75 yards, on a 100 yd target, original iron sights. A little high and to the right.

mo072714-01.jpg

Better, need more compensation.

mo072714-01.jpg

Ahhh... That's better:

mo072714-03.jpg

My17 year old daughter, with "her" Glock26... My "baby" with her "baby"!!!

muvavamu.jpg

Has she had a lot of practice or is she just a natural deadeye?

Rollin' through the hood, with my hand on my nine(teen, that is)...

(click for live-action video! yes, I'm aware the quality sucks, what do you want for 60 bucks?)

Just got my new American in .223 out to the range today for the first time and I have to say I'm impressed. I need to get some new inserts for my scope rings, but after a very crude sighting in I managed the following:

IMG_20141003_103220459.jpg

That's 3 shots into about 1/3" @ 100 yds, with plain old PMC bronze 55gr. For my first time ever shooting with a scope I'm pretty happy.

Some targets from my PPOH course. I was using a M&P 9 full size and a Milt Sparks VM II IWB holster. All shots start with drawing from a concealed holster.

This is shooting from the hip at 3'. The cross mark is about 5".
View attachment 115921

This is drawing from a standing position then dropping to a knee behind concealment at 21'. The cross mark is only 3"
View attachment 115922

This is wearing DeSantis Low Light Simulator Goggles from 21'. The cross mark is about 5"
View attachment 115923

Last edited:
Gave the Muvi-HD a run this past week. The quality got all screwed up on upload for some reason. Should have been 1080
Failure Drill (2 body 1 head)
Full Plate Carrier (Banshee w/ level IV plates)
Duty Belt w/ Safariland ALS 6360 retention holster
M&P 45c

Last edited by a moderator:
avy5uga3.jpg

My wife rocking the silhouette with her LC9s. We've been working on fundamentals all summer, and this was the first day we've done more than shooting at one bullseye. Started with her going around the horn(shooting numbered circles in sequence), and then a slow fire Mozambique. She kept trying to hurry the head shot, and they were hitting low. I had her slow down some and things got a lot better. We also started on reload techniques. She's taking huge steps towards being able to take care of herself with a firearm.

Hers a few 5 shot groups from my 300 Saum @ 100 yds, The little Squares are .5 inch

20130306_125703_HDR.jpg

20130819_224842.jpg

That was with 3 different loads, needless to say this thing is scary accurate

Yup, I am liking this VP9. Second time out and I'm shooting it better than any of my other pistols. Need to work on my recoil anticipation, and those low shots will disappear.
2014-12-20%2013.16.09_sm.png

This is my best so far at 200 yards off hand. Overall not that impressive, but considering I'm still new and am shooting a "toy" AR according to the guys..16" Green Mountain Barrel, non magnified Aimpoint Pro , not a true "target" gun at all. I'm happy with it.
View attachment 125209
Nothing wrong with that! keep it up!

Mrs Kiver is shooting the Nationals at Camp Perry In The rain and mud.

Here is her target from this morning.

45 cal at 50 yards one handed bullseye

33ac76c64e8144f93b05f04d9bb01194.jpg

Back
Top Bottom