Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

well, LASIK was a complete success for me! Shot this morning for the first time in a couple of months...and saw the sights/target like i'd never seen before

200yds, offhand (20shot string)

new personal best :)....197-4x

Good shooting! I'm interested more in how your 600yd shooting is affected, assuming your eyesight is/was like mine in that I never had eye issues until the longer yardages.

mosin 016.jpg

OK - It's not a group that will inspire terror in small change or awe in any experienced shooters (who might find the use of the term "group" excessive for this), but for me it's a combination of hope and outright joy.

Mosin Nagant 91/30, iron sights, 50 yards, 12 inch target. Problem was, the front sight was visibly off to the left of center on the barrel, so the gun was shooting considerably right (I'm new to this all, so it took me a while to get around to blaming the equipment). I've been struggling to break it loose to adjust it for a few months now, with hope fast fading.

Mr. Happy to the rescue, however (he's very persuasive, especially when armed with assorted tools). He talked it into moving enough that the adjusting tool I bought can now work.

The two shots at 2:00-ish are after the initial adjustment. I cranked it over some more and got the two on the 12:00 line and the one above and to the left (and one high enough not to register - I was silly enough to aim at the middle of the target instead of below). The shots at 1:00 and 4:30 were offhand instead of bench rested, so I'll take the blame for them drifting back right. I'm quite giddy at the possibility of getting to learn to shoot this thing without resorting to a 9:00 hold...

Now I have to work on my ammo shortage (can't use the steel core/jacketed stuff at my club, so looks like reloading is in my future).

dyge3yhe.jpg

Getting my groove on with the Sig P229. Best grouping to date - 20 shots from 25 feet. Thanks to the advice on this thread, I've been stabilizing my setup thanks to, among other things, placing the fatty part of the last segment of my shooting finger (instead of the crease) on the trigger.

P229 at 25 Feet.jpg

Took the little one out for a little range time. Brought his older brothers cricket for some fun.
He had some trouble with it, it's just too long for him. Under a watchful eye, we managed to put some on target.

At times he seemed more interested in the candy machine, than shooting. That's when it was time to leave.

7BEBBB03-5716-4E9F-B7C6-0E1CDDFD00DC-8724-00000D6CD9C0568B.jpg

First time kneeling in 30 years at my kids NRA rifle course. A bolt action .22lr Savage from 50 ft with iron sights.

This was the only flight of the night for me...1 and done...Score: 44

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362541998.426011.jpg

BTW...the boy is working on his bar 6.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362542797.004130.jpg

In this scrapbook behind the old summer camp photos, is the first target I ever shot when I was 14yo (ya I still have it!) 29 years later. It was a Marlin 22. I've been hooked ever since. I refused to deprive my own kids, and started them at 8yo with a 380 Colt Mustang

Last edited:
Been playing around with my new (to me) Feinwerkbau Model 80 pellet pistol. 10 meters out in the barn. Can't wait for it to get a little warmer so I can feel my trigger finger. This thing really teaches you to follow through!
One of my better targets. Three 7's, three 9's, two 10's, two x's. The three 7's are what happens when you either A. jerk the trigger, or B. don't follow through.
Image.jpg
Wish I had bought one of these years ago!

target.jpg

The little woman's target. This is a Ruger Mark III at 5 yards. This was her first time ever shooting a gun. (pay no attention to the holes near the center. That was me doing a mag dump)

figured I'd share my pics from my "Learn to Shoot" session at AFS last summer. First time ever shooting a gun. I think the pistol was a Ruger MKIII 22. Then, the other 3 people in the class decided to rent an AK-47 and asked me to join them. That was a blast. This session got me to ask for a gift card to the BFSC and pursue my LTC.

009.jpg
015.jpg

The results of a late night shooting trip. 50 ft, 10 rounds, SP01 Shadow Target Custom w/ 22 cal Kadet Kit. Now that winter is finally winding down I can start practicing a bit more.

sp01.jpg

Nothing spectacular, but some of the first shots with my new SR1911 Commander. Could be better, but for the first time shooting the gun I'm pretty happy.

15 shots @ 7yds.

IMG_20130426_095909_822.jpg

Took my 10/22 to the hundred yard range today for the first time. I didn't do too badly with only a nine power scope. Also managed to hit a few shotgun shells I set up- which was cool.
y3u7a2u6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom