Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

First day shooting the .22, this was 30 rounds at 25 yards...not amazing, but happy with it for my first day with the gun.

First serious range trip with the new old CZ82

47e991a1-039e-4a40.jpg

Anyone have a CZ82? You tighten the grips too much, can't eject the mag.... Too loose, and the grips loosen up as you shoot....
anyone have tips?
Blue locktite and don't take 'em off?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Synergy+Godmode.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331495660951.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331495660951.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 24
I love my Remginton 700 AAC SD.. Was testing out a couple loads today

Shooting 100 yards off sand bags seated strong wind maybe 10mph blowing from the left.
Bullets: Hornady 168 grain match bthp
Powder: Varget
Cases: Winchester
Primers: CCI BR-2 LR

AK000113.JPG
44 grain of varget 2.80 oal 1 1/4" not measuring the flier
this was to be a 3 shot group but I flinched on third shot (the one that is high right) which so i took the shot to get a judging on the load

AK000112.JPG
43.5 grains of varget 2.80 oal . little under 3/4"
I am going to work of this load by playing with my oal to see if i can tighten it up.

c6e4c992-8373-5e65.jpg

50 feet. CCI standard velocity .22
S&W model 41
I'm getting better

Did Mrs. Kiver do that while you were wearing the shirt, or did she just imagine that you were wearing the shirt?

... Oh, wait, you said it was YOUR target, as in you shot at that target, not you as the target!

How'd you do at the pin & plate?

Did Mrs. Kiver do that while you were wearing the shirt, or did she just imagine that you were wearing the shirt?

... Oh, wait, you said it was YOUR target, as in you shot at that target, not you as the target!

How'd you do at the pin & plate?

We both did horribly. Our dots were way off. Sighted them in tonight with very happy results. I now know that if I do not do well it is not the equipment.

At the pin and plate I went head to head with the wife and we both went through 3 magazines. I then reloaded one mag with loose bullets in my pocket when I finally found out where I was hitting. Ran out of bullets with 3 targets left. Found 4 live rounds on the ground, loaded them up and won the round. Her sights were horribly off. I was shooting about 5 inches to the left and low

The folks said to thank you again for the class.

Last edited:
Was going to go to the range later this week but just needed to make holes in paper. Thankfully my range is 5 mins away from the house.

9 yards - 20 rounds - Ruger SR9C (really falling in love with this gun)

photo(1).jpg

Anyone have a CZ82? You tighten the grips too much, can't eject the mag.... Too loose, and the grips loosen up as you shoot....
anyone have tips?
Blue locktite and don't take 'em off?

I have some star pistols that are like this. Put the screw in a vise threads up. Take a file and file down a thread on the screw to shorten its length. You can cold blue the now unfinished screw tip if you like. Reintsall with lock tite. That will do the trick.

Finally got to try out my NES AR build @ 100yds. Best (and last) 3-shot group of the morning. PMC Bronze, 55gr FMJ-BT. I'm pretty happy considering this was factory ammo, first time shooting the gun @ this range, and I was using Magpul flip-up sights. 1.875"

2012-07-05_11-13-45_549.jpg

mosin 023.jpg

Mosin Nagant 91/30 - 50 yards, 12" target, and don't ask me where the other ten went (relax, they were in the berm, just not the target)... Not really impressive as groupings go, but it's the first time I ever shot the thing, and only the 7th time I've shot a rifle. I'll take it. [grin]

some recent targets or some what recent

M1 carbine.jpg View attachment 34502View attachment 34503View attachment 34504
PICTURE 1. M1 underwood 1943 100 yards with reloads after getting dialed in a bit.
2. M1 garand with new 168gn reloads 100 yards not to shabby for this gun with the greek surplus you where lucky to keep shots in side the 8 ring.
3. 5 shot group with my discover 22 cal air rifle 50 yards. My daughter was spotting for me that day. This thing a hoot to shoot. With little time to get to the range right now pellgun'n has come back full swing for me. this group was shot with a scope. Hawke airmax and JSB match 18.3gn pellets off a bipod laying in the grass.
4. Another 20 shot slow fire group with the carbine.

just for haha's

Had to fill the bird feeder. So with the bird feed bag as a rest and my daisy 880 pumper. 8 pumps and sill big scope(which fogged up when brought out side) a new box of crosman .177 priemers round nose(bulk pac from die C) did not zero the scope just aimed at the 1" whit bull 12 shots from 30 paces. 103_3065.jpg

These are not my targets, but I got to see these fired today by two different shooters back to back. 200 yards, sitting rapid fire (60 seconds to include a magazine change), iron sights.

REAL RIFLEMEN!

B

9xcleanddow2012regional.jpg

rod9x2012regional.jpg

Video:

Last edited by a moderator:
These are not my targets, but I got to see these fired today by two different shooters back to back. 200 yards, sitting rapid fire (60 seconds to include a magazine change), iron sights.

REAL RIFLEMEN!

B

9xcleanddow2012regional.jpg

rod9x2012regional.jpg

Video:

always fun pulling target for guys that shoot like that! scoring is real easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out playing at 200 yards in the wind today with the Remington 700 I either got a Robbin hood on my second shot on the little shoot n see on the right or I missed the cardboard completely I will go with a Robbin Hood [smile]
0708121342a.jpg 0708121342.jpg 0708121342b.jpg

Bpm......the 2 nd video looks as if its a T box at a golf course. Very nice.
I hope to be back to reading on the 22 nd. I try not to look at the space guns. I might do something silly and build one .......focus now, stick to service rifle, focus.
Not the same but the only practice I get is the pellet gun in the back yard. I'm trying to figure out how to mount A2 style sights on one of my pellet guns.

This is my son's first target. He is a righty with dominant left eye. We had a brief shooting session last year but he was off paper completely shooting right hand with his left eye. I finally took him to the range again and asked him to shoot lefty with his right-handed bolt rifle.

The target was 8x11". At first, he was barely hitting the top right at 25'. I even asked him to shoot bottom left as a way of Kentucky-windage. However, in the course of 20 or so shots, he figured it out all by himself, and started hitting the bulls eye every other time.

He was grinning ear to ear and asked to do it again, soon. He made me proud. [smile]

1st_target.jpg

ar_15_first_shoot_day_zmax_100Yards.jpg

This was the FIRST DAY with my new AR-15. three 100 yard groups of five. The rifle is definitely more accurate than I am. These were in the neighborhood of shots # 150 - 165 or so, of me EVER shooting any rifle bigger than a .22LR, and that includes the "sighting in" shots. I tried several different 55 grain bullets, and the Z-Max was most accurate (also the last groups, so maybe my practice helped...). With its 20" barrel and 1:8 twist, I will try some heavier bullet weights on my next trip to the range.

Back
Top Bottom