Let the R.I. panic buying begin!

Eventually - hopefully soon - someone is going to reach his Gerald Celente Moment and douse a politiDonk in gasoline and set it alight.

Or introduce its skull to a well-swung piece of rebar.

The new measure doesn’t include a grandfather clause. Instead, it gives owners of such magazines 180 days to destroy them, modify them to only accept 10 rounds, turn them in to law enforcement, or sell them to certain parties such as FFL holders or folks out of state.

What's the point of buying extra hi-cap magazines if they're not going to be grandfathered in? At least in Massachusetts, you can still buy pre-ban magazines. Though I seriously doubt that will last much longer. In order to save the children of Massachusetts and R.I., we must ban ALL hi-cap magazines. It's the only way.

I see it be a good time to buy pre-bans from Rhode Island..

But if I lived in Rhode Island I wouldn’t sell my stuff. There’s no way that that laws gonna stand forever

The NY SAFE act laughs at your statement.

I do not get the premise of this thread... So people from RI are going to panic buy felonies?

What's the point of buying extra hi-cap magazines if they're not going to be grandfathered in? At least in Massachusetts, you can still buy pre-ban magazines. Though I seriously doubt that will last much longer. In order to save the children of Massachusetts and R.I., we must ban ALL hi-cap magazines. It's the only way.
Because when the real shooting starts, you don't want to be changing mags every ten rounds.

Do you actually think that this entire country is going to get out from under this situation without shooting its way out?

If you do, you are as naive as the day is long. the democrat commie fvcks have been beating the war drums for years.....very soon they're going to get what they've begged for.

Don't be the dolt, standing in your foxhole with 10rd mags.

I see it be a good time to buy pre-bans from Rhode Island..

But if I lived in Rhode Island I wouldn’t sell my stuff. There’s no way that that laws gonna stand forever
I do agree with you, this law will probably not stand forever, but it may stand long enough to put many innocent people in jail. The democrats have lost all their credibility. The only two things they have left to run with are gun control and abortion.

Last edited:
I believe that they mean detachable magazines, not ones that are fixed to the firearm.

But is it specifically written that way in the law ???
If it isn't, a leftist judge will be free to make his own interpretation of whats allowed.
Mass law specifically exempts .22 cal. fixed tube magazines.

Hey, RI compliance types: I'll trade you two 10 round, rivet style Hexmags per pre-ban. In fact, I'll even include some really nice springs on the event you decide to feel "froggy" some day before you get to boil.

No lowballers, I know what I have.

Why would anyone in RI have pre ban mags when they could buy any mags they wanted?

What was different about the bumpstock ban that had them getting away without grandfathering them? The fact that it was a bullshit reinterpretation/application of existing law?

For the same reason the uneducated in MA think buying marked-up pre-Healy presser rifles will keep them somehow immune from the next grab.

So people in RI were buying 20 year old magazines for $50 instead of $10 PMags because....They thought PMags would be banned? Or they were buying pre ban magazines to sell at a profit?

.308, 30.06, 6.5 Creedmore work exceedingly well when combined with hillside vantage points, well vegetated intersections, dark rainy nights, curvy roads, rooftops, cargo vans and trucks, etc.etc. [laugh]
OH PLEASE!!! I have heard enough of so called patriots who will also do nothing when it eventually happens in their state. Nobody in this country has the balls to exercise their 2nd amendment rights as they were meant to be used. Not until we are broke, hungry freezing with zero hope for the future will anybody ever do anything.

OH PLEASE!!! I have heard enough of so called patriots who will also do nothing when it eventually happens in their state. Nobody in this country has the balls to exercise their 2nd amendment rights as they were meant to be used. Not until we are broke, hungry freezing with zero hope for the future will anybody ever do anything.
Probably right. We arent our ancestors, thats for sure.

They believe they should have them for go-time. They're in their mom's basement sharpening a big knife like Rambo in Rambo II or III or whichever.

Why would anyone in RI have pre ban mags when they could buy any mags they wanted?

Owned them for decades and never sold them to ma**h***s because "F them." Suddenly. . . . . it is they who are F'd.

thankfully, I have all of the pre-bans I can use currently so. . . . F them. LOL

Lol, some people choose to wear big kid pants, although the point of the panic buy at that point is stupid, given they can just drive to any normal state at any time and buy them.

FFl's can sell to out of state to free state people. There are still 39 free states left.

...which would require them to change their business models, or to at least shift their businesses more dramatically more toward online sales, where there's already lots of stiff, higher volume competition. And some of these LGS's here in RI have a significant walk-in clientele. But with an AWB likely to happen next year, it would probably be a good idea to start making that shift in business models soon anyway.

Frank

You know, New York is treading on dangerous ground with their body armor law.

Someone getting pulled over that has body armor on or in the vehicle and is looking at 20 years might just be pushed over the edge and decide that if he's going to do 20 in the pen, it might as well be for something worth his while and decide that the cop pulling him over isn't going home after his shift.

Stupid democrats never look down the line at the unintended consequences of the shit they pass.
Might be more Dinkhellers in the future.
1655311041619.jpeg

The new measure doesn’t include a grandfather clause. Instead, it gives owners of such magazines 180 days to destroy them, modify them to only accept 10 rounds, turn them in to law enforcement, or sell them to certain parties such as FFL holders or folks out of state.
How about a sticker saying to only load 10 rounds? That should suffice!

I do agree with you, this law will probably not stand forever, but it may stand long enough to put many innocent people in jail. The democrats have lost all their credibility. The only two things they have left to run with are gun control and abortion.
Not if every LEO that arrests someone for this BS unconstitutional new mandate ends up swinging from a tree.....

Well, unless the gun owners down there are fools, they sold all their crappy old pre-bans to us long ago. [laugh] Since 2004, they've been able to buy and own all nifty new stuff! [thumbsup]
I’m out of date on Rhode Island law as well as a lot of other things because I haven’t been doing much with firearms lately just have the ones I have

Back
Top Bottom